Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
A recent discussion on a Ford inline forum brought up the topic of whether there would be any interest in getting Offenhauser to cast a valve cover for the Ford 240/300 Engines. Of course, I couldn't resist bringing up the poor QC issues many on here have experienced with their Slant valve covers. The poster of that topic is going back and forth with Offy and relaying the issues I brought to their attention. Offenhauser claims they have never been made aware of any QC issues involving the Slant 6 valve covers past or present. The good thing is Offenhauser now has a website and it also has a forum attached to it. So this may be an opportunity for the Slant guys to bring this issue to their attention and get some sort of resolution in this manner. Just thought those that were impacted by this issue would like to have a chance at voicing their experience to them directly. The link below is correct, it's dot co, not dot com.

http://www.offenhauser.co

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
CNC-Dude wrote:
Offenhauser claims they have never been made aware of any QC issues involving the Slant 6 valve covers past or present.

I call "bulk wrap" on that. It has been brought to their attention, in close detail, number one. Number two, um, hello? It shouldn't have to be brought to their attention; they should inspect their products and maybe give some thought to, I donno, like, not shipping defective product, or something? :roll:

I wouldn't hold much hope about that forum. Three total posts, the newest being over a year and a half old. :-(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm 
Turbo EFI

I think the biggest incentive is to be able to call them out on it on their own website and forum so others will be made aware of their issues.

If they have been made aware of this as you say, what does it say about their interest in the Slant community that they have done nothing about it. That would tell me that they view you as meaningless and could care less about you as a group. Clifford views the Slant guys in the same way also, as evidenced by how he treats the Slant community as well. Now is a chance to bring it to their front door and make it public where they can't hide from it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:34 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
They'll just delete your posts............

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:35 am 
Turbo EFI

That's always a possibility, but if done tactfully and in a respectful manner it can have great results. Start with the facts that on such and such date you purchased their valve cover from their authorized distributor so and so. Tell what his reply was when you notified him of the problem and what his solution to resolve the problem was. Ask what they are going to do now several years later to rectify the matter since a large number of you are still waiting for resolution.

It's not rocket science, what you choose to do as a whole with this golden opportunity I've laid in your laps is up to you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! The cost of that valve cover is a lot of money to some that bought one, and every effort to get something out of this issue is worth looking into.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
CNC - thanks for your help with this! Go for it! Do you have an Offy (warped) valve cover?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:52 pm 
Turbo EFI

No unfortunately. I didn't participate in any of the group buys. I just saw this opportunity to try and help up those that did.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Well then - sounds like you have no skin in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 am 
Turbo EFI

You're right, I have nothing to gain or loose, and I don't owe anyone here here anything and no one here owes me anything. When I saw this discussion on the Ford forum, I could have just kept going and let y'all figure it out on your own because as you said, I have no skin in this game. I'm doing this solely to help those that do because I'm a nice guy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
wvenable wrote:
Well then - sounds like you have no skin in the game.

Hey Wayne, I don't see why it makes any difference. He is just trying to help others, by supplying a avenue to the manufacturer . It is entirely possible Offie did not know of the problem, if the vendors did not notify them. This way customers can contact Offie, directly. Then Offie can either take some sort of action, or ignore their customers complaints. Either way will indicate what Offie thinks of their customers. Which is good to know.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Hey Charlie! Give Lou a call. Nuff said!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Simple!

Don't buy Offy stuff.