Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: quarter window install
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 67 dart 2 door hardtop
Pay attention to what your doing...I didn't. i was installing my quarter window mechanism/hardware on my '67 dart 2 dr hardtop today. I did the driver side, it went swimmingly... I put the glass/roller bracket assembly in first, then the window crank mechanism, installed the rollers into the appropriate slots, then installed the two guide rails. When I got to the passenger side, I asked my self...hmm, did I install the guide rails before the crank mechanism or after? Boy, it makes a huge difference. I ended up trying to install the guide rails first and then the crank mechanism and the passenger side was extremely hard, compared to the driver side. I ended up pulling the guide rails and redoing it. Amazing how one forgets what one did just an hour earlier....anyway, they're both in, working and ready for fine adjustments, once I get the door glass/mechanisms in....I'll make sure to pay attention to what I do for those....

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:10 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
The passenger side rear 1/4 window had a broken roller on the 68 Barracuda. I was able to find a replacement, and got it swapped out.
I was truly amazed at the hardware required simply to mechanically move a window up and down.
Like you, even though I took it apart it took several gazes at the FSM and the intact driver side mechanism to get it back in place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 67 dart 2 door hardtop
I think it was really right hand vs left hand. When I did the driver side it went so easily, but I think my right hand was doing most of the work/supporting. On the passenger side it was my left (i'm right handed). I know it shouldn't make any difference, and I knew where all the pieces went, still I struggled with something that I'd had literally just completed easily on the other side.

I redid all the hardware, new rollers, refurbished the ones you can't buy any longer. The steel clips that the rollers ride on were bad, so I used some SS repair track for sliding doors and expoxied them on. Works really smoothly even without grease, with the grease it's nearly effortless to roll them up and down.

b