Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:26 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1965 Dodge Dart
Hi there - first of all, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this here, of there is a section on this site that these kinds of posts go?

I am desperate to get the word out about my beloved girl that was stolen from the West oakland BART station last Sunday night. She was parked very close to the station, had a club on (sadly no kill switch), etc etc. I have been parking here for ages, and am always super cautious.

I have worked tirelessly to get the word out, contact any and all agencies and people that I can think of, driven around homeless encampments, made flyers, you name it.

When I got the report I noticed a mention of someone calling in to report a man and a woman attempting to steal an "older" vehicle at 9:30 that night. sadly the cameras weren't pointed towards my car so nothing was caught on camera. :evil: :roll:

my car is in the Stolen Vehicle Database and I've been monitoring for tickets, tow, bridge tolls, etc.

If you have ANY advice or other forums in which to post this PLEASE reach out.

My girl was in AMAZING condition, I took such great care of her, and have had her for 21 years. She is native to the East Bay. I am beyond devastated.

thank you,
Dina
glam72@yahoo.com

Attachment:
car.jpg
car.jpg [ 129.23 KiB | Viewed 1018 times ]

(photo attached)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:09 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Sorry for your loss, good luck finding her. The one thing in your favor is there can't be too many of them still running around making it easier to spot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:19 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
SFGlam wrote:
When I got the report I noticed a mention of someone calling in to report a man and a woman attempting to steal an "older" vehicle at 9:30 that night. sadly the cameras weren't pointed towards my car so nothing was caught on camera. :evil: :roll:

With all the camera's that BART has around their stations, I find this very hard to believe they don't have someone/anything on camera! BART'S probably just blowin you off because it's a old car. I'd be leaning real hard on BART and subpoena them to get all footage from all cameras from that time frame. It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't a inside job! Sorry for your loss, hope you get it back. I'm so glad I don't live in that $#!+ state anymore! Good Luck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:55 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
69a100 wrote:
I'm so glad I don't live in that $#!+ state anymore!
So are they, probably; everyone usually winds up happier when somebody moves away from somewhere they don't like.

But it's probably best if this thread will stay on the topic of this stolen car.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:16 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
SlantSixDan wrote:
69a100 wrote:
I'm so glad I don't live in that $#!+ state anymore!
So are they, probably; everyone usually winds up happier when somebody moves away from somewhere they don't like.

But it's probably best if this thread will stay on the topic of this stolen car.

So, who died and put you in charge of changing the subject? Mr. Pot calling the kettle black!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:31 am 

Car Model:
I am very sorry your Dart was stolen, Dina. That is awful. This is a fine place to post this and hopefully someone will see it and/or be able to give helpful information.

Best wishes,
Lou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:37 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Who/what is BART? The last Bart I knew, was my black lab....... Knock ya down and clean your face....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:09 am 

Car Model:
Bay Area Rapid Transit (trains). I think Dallas, TX might have "DART"??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:43 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1965 Dodge Dart
Hi there - I guess I never checked the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" so I had no idea I had any. Unfortunately, it's going on 6 months and I still don't have my beloved car. This is the worst thing to have happened to me. I'm so lost without her. I wish I knew where she was hiding. :cry:

and please, no comments about where I live, it's not welcome or helpful.