Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:30 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Sunday my self and a few others made our way down the coast to Owls Head (one of my happy places, and if ever in mid coast Maine a must visit) for a American made Convertibles car show event. The weather was overcast, damp squared, foggy, and misty all the way there; 80 miles or so. On the way back it was real rainy. I noticed what I thought was some squawking from the sway-bar bushings, and thought nothing of it as those sooner or later make noise. Yesterday it was nice here, mid 80's, dry and sunny (finally summer has arrived in Maine) and a front end that was making very pronounced snapping noises as the suspension flexed while driving. I was able to locate the origin of the noise from around the forward end of the passenger's side adjustable QA1 Dynamic strut rod while at my son's house assisting him with a readneck exhaust repair.

On the way back home and last night I was thinking the strut had fatigued its attachment point and wondered all night how I was going to repair this problem. However to my surprise after a closer inspection and some disassembly, it turned out that a few spritzes of silicone lube rectified the problem for now. That Hyme joint must have taken a lot of road slop on the trip to the show, and once it dried out became a bit crusty. I used silicone because it dries and should not attract any dust. I almost never drive this car in the rain.

Back to Owls Head trip:

We, my son & grand son drove my LeBaron Mark Cross rag top, and my old car buddy drove his 1991 Sliver Spirit II to the show. The show featured American Convertibles, but any car or truck 20 years and older can exhibit their wheels with driver and one passenger entering for free.

The museum gave rides to anyone who wanted in several of their topless cars that weekend: 1941 Lincoln Continental; 1956 T Bird; two brass Model T Fords; and a 1902 Curved Dash Olds. Everything there drives and or flies. Where it was so socked in with a low ceiling, none of the aircraft were flying on Sunday. They did fire up an old radial engine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Good result.

Have fun driving it in all the weather you choose to submit it to!