Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: LOng time no smell :D
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:37 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Hi Guys,
Long time that I had anything of note to give feedback on
- Thanks to the profiles of the RV15 cam we are going to have some built from existing cores to see what is what - the concern doing this have also played with slant performance cmas back in the day.
- Modern Technology is comming to the aid of my ailing intake manifold process - a family member doing his Doctorate in aditive manufacturing is actutally busy making 3 D scnas and cadfiles fot the 4 South African manifolds - long and short dual weber 36, 4bbl as go at it from var fitted on the Last Valiants, and the experimental turbo manifold.
- I have also founded the Mopar Owners Group of South Africa - using Whatsapp as oiur main social communication system - we are 144 on the WA group, and in total ~300 country wide.
- The HEI conversion fever have caught on over here - guys with existing but dead Mopar units are cleaning out the old ecu box to hide the GM part in, and the rest use different ways to mount it This even goes to guys with 383's that are quite plentifull over here - by pilfering bits from slant electronic distributors - and ordering reluctors from yourside of the pond, they are building their own electrnic distributors, and running it with HEI.

One guy went so far as to import the Davis 4 pin module that apperntly gives a greater dwell angle, and longer time to saturate the coil. In general everybody is very happy with the results - except one idividual who ran into an issue - he had a altnator with an idiot light, somehow this setup kept the engine going after shutdown (he discovered that the issue diisapears if he use the balast resistor, BUT the final solution was to install a diode to prevent the feedback from the idiot light circuit

The best comment was - ''I now only have to look at my ignition key and she will start'' this was on a 67 Monaco with 383 that had a retrofitted Chrysler setup - only way he could get her to start was to run a wire directly fromn the battery to the coil - now hapiness

Long chat but there you go - oh yes few slanters are running with headers (we call them branches) based on the info of the slantsix racing manual - all very happy

so there you have it - the South african Mopars are still going strong slants V8s and even v10s,,,,and a few hellcats

http://www.valiant50.co.za
Just say I own a few Mopars