Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: '67 Plymouth Fury I
I was wondering if there is anyone here who has some kind of experience with these headers:

http://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/~1689

Any information is welcome. I like the fact that they are already joined at the end. But i don't know anything about the built quality that may affect proper working & fitting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Another pertinent question is 'will they fit with LHD?'

RHD Australian cars probably have lots of extra room for fancy extractors without the steering box in the way.

"A mechanic is Somebody."
- Jim Preston

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
The individual ports without a common flange makes them more prone to warpage and misalignment, and makes bolting them to the head more challenging. As was mentioned, the Aussies mean well, but so far they haven't been able to make headers that fit LHD cars using RHD cars as examples to build from. Just ask Charlie_S about his ordeal with this situation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks for posting this. I do not know if anyone has firsthand experience with these. The ones you posted look like Aussiespeed headers with a Y-pipe added. Several people have used the Aussiespeed headers on 67-up A-bodies and they fit and work well.

The other headers listed on that site (Castle exhaust) are very short and it would seem they would fit just about any LHD car or truck, but I do not know for sure. It is very likely worth a phone call or email to them.

You have a C-body, right? I bet you would have room for either of those, but you would likely have to rework the Y-pipe part for either one.

Probably those are $AUD prices, so not bad. Shipping is not nearly as high as it used to be.

Lou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

CNC-Dude wrote:
The individual ports without a common flange makes them more prone to warpage and misalignment, and makes bolting them to the head more challenging. As was mentioned, the Aussies mean well, but so far they haven't been able to make headers that fit LHD cars using RHD cars as examples to build from. Just ask Charlie_S about his ordeal with this situation.

There's also this model, that does have some sort of common flange:

https://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/p/Chrysler/Valiant/Slant-Six/CHRYSLER-VALIANT-AP5-VF-6CYL-SLANT-6-225CI-GENIE-H/32092

Would this be an efficient way to avoid warping?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Dart270 wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I do not know if anyone has firsthand experience with these. The ones you posted look like Aussiespeed headers with a Y-pipe added. Several people have used the Aussiespeed headers on 67-up A-bodies and they fit and work well.

The other headers listed on that site (Castle exhaust) are very short and it would seem they would fit just about any LHD car or truck, but I do not know for sure. It is very likely worth a phone call or email to them.

You have a C-body, right? I bet you would have room for either of those, but you would likely have to rework the Y-pipe part for either one.

Probably those are $AUD prices, so not bad. Shipping is not nearly as high as it used to be.

Lou

Hi Lou,

Thanks for your input. I will send an email and ask them if they fit a LHD car. I don't have steering power, so I beleive that's in my favor? I do have a C-body indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:51 am 

Car Model:
Yes, the other link you posted is a common flange, and has shorter primary pipes, so should more surely fit. Again, you would probably have to rework the secondary ("Y") pipe.

Manual steering works in your favor, yes.

Lou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:09 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

pieranja wrote:
Dart270 wrote:

Lou

Hi Lou,

Thanks for your input. I will send an email and ask them if they fit a LHD car. I don't have steering power, so I beleive that's in my favor? I do have a C-body indeed!

Okay, I send the people from Caste Exhaust an email. They replied that there is no experience with LHD cars, nor are there any pictures or stories available from customers who tried them and maybe could provide some details about this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:51 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Dart270 wrote:
Yes, the other link you posted is a common flange, and has shorter primary pipes, so should more surely fit. Again, you would probably have to rework the secondary ("Y") pipe.

Manual steering works in your favor, yes.

Lou

Lou, can you explain why the "Y" pipe needs rework? Is this because the starter is probably hampering an easy fit?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:38 am 

Car Model:
I am guessing it will run into the steering box. No more than an educated guess...

Lou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:14 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Just informed how much the shipping costs .... well, the headers itself are $ 450 (AUS dollars). Not bad. And the shipping costs are ....... $ 450 (AUS dollars) as well!

Something goes wrong in this world when it comes to shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:03 am 

Car Model:
Wow. Much worse than I thought.

Lou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:05 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
pieranja wrote:
Just informed how much the shipping costs .... well, the headers itself are $ 450 (AUS dollars). Not bad. And the shipping costs are ....... $ 450 (AUS dollars) as well!

Something goes wrong in this world when it comes to shipping.

Even shipping something like that within the USA would cost near $100. It's not the weight, but the size.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

So size matters after all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
pieranja wrote:
So size matters after all.

Of course it does. Any one that says otherwise, is lying. :? :?

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170