Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:24 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
on the 66 dart, swapped to BBD super six.

Still trying to dial in the suggested settings for idle. I am going by the little instructions that came with the MOPAR rebuild kit for the Carter. It says that the fast idle should be 1500, and that the curb idle should be 750.

It is next to impossible for me to turn in the hot idle screw far enough to get up to 1500rpm, it would never allow the curb idle screw to touch the cam.

If I turn in the curb idle screw to get it to touch cam, thus release the fast idle, then my idle is almost 1000.

Currently I have the fast idle at about 1100, which allows me to set curb idle at 750 - 800.

BTW the instructions say to use Category C, and I am using the 1977 225ci Automatic option. They also have a California line, but I figure nothing good came come from those settings (wants faster Curb idle 850)
Help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:34 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
The curb idle screw rests on the screw that holds the fast idle cam to the carb. The fast idle screw rides on the steps of the fast idle cam until the choke opens enough for the fast idle cam to get completely out from under the fast idle screw.

The fast idle speed is set witht he engin efully warmed up and the fast idle screw resting on the second highest step of the fast idle cam. 1500 RPM seems a touch high. 1200-1300 is fine.