Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
If it was BOLD , I could find it.........

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:29 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
This is what I see:

Mouse was over 'these'

next line has 'this one'

Attachments:
Not_Red.jpg
Not_Red.jpg [ 28.32 KiB | Viewed 12145 times ]

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Report this problem to Chuck; the variation I find in how links are displayed on various web forums running phpBB makes me think this is a setting the administrator can adjust. Perhaps it's just a matter of clicking a box so links are not only red, but also bold.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Reed wrote:
That Fitech system is very intriguing. Given the expense and difficulty of finding a good condition carburetor, that system is making more sense as a replacement for a carb. Of course, that purchase price does not include the fuel supply system, but that can be worked around. However, it still looks like a complete system will run you over $1000 when it is all said and done. Last I checked, NOS and usable carbs could still be scrounged for $150-$400 depending on your luck. From a purely financial standpoint, it seems cheaper to get a four barrel intake and run a small four barrel carb or a four barrel carb with the secondaries locked out.

I agree that I could probably go with a carb for a fraction of the price but that kind of defeats the purpose of going with tbi. My main concern would be whether or not it would bolt right up to a /6 2 bbl intake or if i would still have to use an adapter. I emailed them to see if they could give me the dimensions of the holes but they haven't gotten back to me. Who knows, maybe Dan has this information in his wealth of knowledge. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
You will need an adapter, both use the Holley 2300 flange. It appears the fitech has less tuning capabilities than the 4v versions, or at least the literature seems to suggest so. It would be nice if they could also control the timing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
There is a very active and informative Forum for the Holley EFI products. I’d suggest joining up and getting opinions from people with first hand experience of the product. The latest Holley ECU’s are extremely capable and user friendly. I cannot comment on this specific unit but I have no doubt many on the Holley forum will.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
kesteb wrote:
You will need an adapter, both use the Holley 2300 flange. It appears the fitech has less tuning capabilities then the 4v versions, or at least the literature seems to suggest so. It would be nice if they could also control the timing.

That is convenient that they both use the same bolt pattern at least. Do you know if there is an aftermarket adapter already or will I have to get creative?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
73_Duster wrote:
kesteb wrote:
You will need an adapter, both use the Holley 2300 flange. It apears the fitech has less tuning capabilites then the 4v versions, or at least the literature seems to suggest so. It would be nice if they could also control the timming.

that is convenient that they both use the same bolt pattern at least. Do you know if there is an aftermarket adapter already or will I have to get creative?

Yes. Mr. Gasket adapter 1937. Small (Rochester) two barrel bolt pattern to large Holley two barrel bolt pattern.

CLICK THIS TEXT- IT IS A LINK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
One thing you will find is that there is no such thing as a "plug and play" EFI system no matter who you get it from. Google search any of them and you will find just as many horror stories as songs of praise.

Customer support/tech will be your friend. "Self learning" is a sales tool, in real life none of them learn very well. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:08 am 

Car Model:
Amen to that, Slantzilla. Sales hype and real world are two different things, especially if using an oddball engine like the Slant 6.

Lou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:58 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
After 25 years of using stock Rochester 220 TBI systems I finally stepped up last fall.

I had built an engine that was not within the parameters of the stock TBI system installed in the car.

I could get the car to run well at an idle...or part throttle....or full throttle..

I purchased a Dynamic EFI puter to replace the stock ECM. It just plugs in.

On a Netbook I used TunerPro to enter the parameters for the tune in the software. CID....no of cylinders....injector size ...desired trans lockup RPM...etc.
Yes you can fire the NO2 from it as well...or electric fan.

Plug the netbook into the new ECM....flash for 10 seconds .

The car immediately ran better than ever before ...and after a 20 minute self learn test drive it was all I had hoped for.

You can read all sensors on a dashboard on the netbook.
The self learn is Volumetric Efficiency. I just used the stock narrow band O2 sensor but wideband is supported.

Everything else in the system is stock GM TBI. The wiring harness and sensors....throttle body ...fuel pump...HEI....all stock. That means cheap and dependable...no wiring necessary.

Buy an old S 10 with 4.3 and strip everything EFI connected . In this part of the world that's low dollars. The wiring harness connections to the vehicle are 3 orange 12v wires and 2 black ground.
You will need a TBI to manifold adapter. Works best with TBI to 4 barrel manifold.
Take the gas pedal ,,,cable and cruise control .
The spark is controlled with a 7 pin hei module ......and your lean burn slant dist.

Once you let this self tune at 10700 ft elevation at 90F on a steep grade you will appreciate its full potential.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:38 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1965 Barracuda 'S' auto
Sandy, wading through the /6 EFI systems and saw this. What is the price, and will it support a 3 BAR map (turbo charged?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
The Dynamic EFI ECU was right around $500 to my post office.

It will do 6 cyl sequential port at 3 bar if you wish.

http://www.dynamicefi.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm 

Car Model:
Looks cool, Sandy, and a 4.3 is close to the Slant in displacement, so you should be fairly close compared to one initialized for a 350...

Hope all is well in Burton area! Big hugs to yourself, Denise, and your family.

Lou

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I have been debating getting my hands on the new Holley 2300 kit ($1250 for the full kit). I want one for Nikki's 66 dart daily driver, her 50 Ford shoebox once we drop in the 302/AOD and one for my 79 G10 van daily driver. I really want the MSD Atomic EFI kit but at $2300 each for the full kit....

I believe the kit Dan is talking about when he said that Holley has a bad track record is their Projection kit form the early 2000's. It was notorious for running worse than the coated styrofoam float quadrapuke carbs ever did and was a wiring nightmare! The 4bbl Sniper kits are pretty damn nice though.

As for Fitech.... You get what you pay for. There is a reason you can get them for $500....

Has anyone on here bit the bullet and bought the 2300 kit for a slant?