Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:28 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model: 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but rest assured we have been quite busy at Gill Welding and Fabrication.
Here is what we've done:

- Fully developed our Mark II fuel injection manifold.

- Became Torqstorm Dealers.

- Became 14Point7 Wideband Dealers.

- Became Dealers for an overbored 62mm Jeep style throttle body.

- Fully developed our Mark II-R fuel injection manifold.

We've done all these things because we caught the slant six sickness and can't stop. We are currently working with TorqStorm to produce a kit for our Mark II manifold. The Kit will offer a discount of 35% vs buying the Mark II separately. This kit won't work with our new Mark II-R manifold due to its custom fit requirements (more below).

Our Mark II-R manifold was designed due to a large request for a front mount throttle body. It uses the same runners, injector angle, flanges, and plenum design as the Mark II. The Mark II-R supports the same Jeep style TB, but can handle up to 70 mm like the Mark II. The forward facing throttle body should allow for easy piping to your intercooler. We will be making a seperate Torqstorm kit for those who are interested in custom intercooling.

We've got our eyes cast to 2019 while we begin development on a full stainless steel turbo header. As for now we want to celebrate our current achievements with a $100 off promo on any TorqStorm sale using the following:

SC225

Make sure to contact us a http://www.gillwelding.com if you want to be added to the wait list for the Mark II, Mark II-R, Mark II TorqStorm Kit, or if you just want to say Hi!

Below are some solidworks images of the Mark II-R.

Thanks!

Last edited by yostermercury on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:33 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Very interesting. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:06 am 

Car Model:
Nice to see these developments and thanks for working on this and posting about it.

Please let us know when the manifolds are ready for purchase and please post pics of the completed assembly when that comes along.

Can you post the runner inside dimensions (L X W)?

Thanks and all the best,

Lou Madsen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:07 am 
3 Deuce Weber

We appreciate the feedback.

The Mark II intake is currently for sale, but we are on a back order (4-5 weeks). We operate on a waitlist we will let you know when it's your turn and then you will have the option to purchase or not. Once our waitlist is fulfilled we will allow for purchase on our website. The waitlist is open for anyone to join. Send me an email at contact@gillwelding.com or PM me here. I apologise, but I do tend to reply slower to posts on the forum.

The Mark II-R is special manifold, so its wait time will be longer. The Mark II-R is based of the Mark II so no prototype will be built.

I've attached a photo of the Mark II. We recently built this for a customer who is planning to run a TorqStorm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:30 am 

Car Model:
I like your intake design. I would like the inside dimensions of the runners and a bit more info about the Jeep throttle body before I join the list.

I see a bunch of Jeep 4.0L TBs on ebay, BBK, Summit, etc, that are for 91-03 Wranglers and such. Will those fit?

For example, would this one work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bored-Rebuilt- ... SwNsdXQuMo

Thanks again for the info!

Lou Madsen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
With a slant you can use longer runners because of the slant.......

Also it doesn't look like you are taking consideration of the slant with the flange.

8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:06 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Lou,
The runners are 1.25h x 1.25w x 5.5 L. The length is measured at the connection to the plenum. The Jeep throttle body link that you sent me is exactly the ones that we sell for it. You can contact Steve directly at http://www.throttlebodys.com/

emsvitil, The runners are short due to the compact design. Both of these manifolds are designed for boosted applications and thus save wait and space with shorter runners. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the flanges, but these flanges are almost exact copies of the stock flange with the exception of the ID being slightly larger than the stock slant. There is room to match port the flange as well.

Thanks for both of your questions and I hope I answered them to your satisfaction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:13 am 

Car Model:
Thanks very much. I guess you are using 1.5" X 1.5" box tubing with 1/8" wall to get 1.25" inner dimensions. Sounds good on the Jeep throttle body details and source.

That runner size should work well to support big HP. Some of the aftermarket intakes are too small, I feel. I will check some heads tonight to see what the height of my ports are (ported). I seem to recall that about 1.3" is the largest vertically.

Agreed that longer runners would be good for max HP on an NA motor, but for compactness and boost yours should work well.

Oh, have you test fit these with any headers, or Dutra Duals? They should fit, but maybe you have tested for sure... I have many exhaust piping configs in stock here if you were to need a test mule.

All the best,
Lou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:31 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
Never mind about the flange.

For some reason I thought the mounting surface was 90 degrees to the head mounting surface...............

8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:35 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Sorry to say I had forgot about you guys! I haven't heard from you here for a while. But let me say those are some of the most beautiful welds I have ever seen! True craftsman.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:47 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Intake ports are 1 3\8 x 1 1\4. As measured with a felpro gasket.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:16 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Intake ports on Ryan's new race head Weber intake are 1.208 X 1.550, New Red Line that I have is 1.209 X 1.290

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:03 am 

Car Model:
Well, my memory was off. I measured two mild/medium ported heads and the intake ports are 1.25" X 1.5". Clifford 4bbl is 1.15 X 1.38", Aussiespeed shorter runner 4bbl int is 1.08" X 1.44", Clifford 3X2 weber intake is 1.16 X 1.42", Offy 4bbl is 1.05 X 1.30" (all unported intakes).

The ideal would be 1.5 X 1.75" OD rectangular tubing for the runners, but I am not seeing that available with a few quick searches. You can get square 40 X 40 mm which is 1.34" ID. That would be acceptable for high HP buildups and ported heads. 1.75 X 1.75" is also available, but is possibly too wide at the head? I'll have to measure widths of intakes, but I bet many are 1.75" or wider.

Lou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:20 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
That looks very nice, well done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am 
3 Deuce Weber

We appreciate everyone's feedback.
We've had decent success and interest so far. For each item we sell we put the money right back into development and partnerships to help create a very slant six friendly environment. We've just barely started on the things we would like to do. Soon we will be packaging EFI kits (computer included) to help take the guessing work out of it for some new comers.

Dart270 Some of the issues that you run into is the weld thickness when you're dealing with the flanges. Due to Aluminum welds being much thicker than stainless for example; you run into issues with wing washer and nut fitment. We are trying our best to allow for stock bolt ons with these two manifolds. The lowest point on the plenum and runners is well above the Old exhaust/intake connection. It should allow more clearance than factory and adds significantly more access to the wing washers and nuts. All aftermarket exhausts that fit under stock manifolds should have no problem. That being said we haven't test fitted with anything other than stock exhaust. We sold a MKII manifold to a customer who will have Doug installing it along with his Dutra Duals and a TorqStorm.

Thank you all again for the feedback!