Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 65 plymouth valiant 200
hello :D , im back , i have been working on the car and got everthing back to factory and i still cannot get vehicle to start , it seems like it wants to but nothing , i got spark , timing is ok , everything is new with ignition , carburetor is new and im about to loose my mind :( , feel like giving up on this car , any help would be greatly appreciated. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:30 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model: '23 T-bucket
Have you confirmed that your ballast resistor is good?

Roger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:33 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 65 Dart, 225, 4 spd od, hyd clutch, BBD, 2 1/4 exh
"Have you confirmed that your ballast resistor is good?"

Along with that thought..........try jumping a wire direct from your battery to the coil after disconnecting the coil primary wire. If it does start look for primary voltage issues in the line feeding the coil from ignition switch thru bulkhead connector thru ballast resistor & connecting wires/connections.Suspect every new ignition part you have installed as quality issues seem to be common day

If you are confident that you are getting "enough" voltage at the coil and you have "good" gas discharged from the carb my next move would be to pull the valve cover and observe valve train movement. See where the rotor is pointed after #1 valves are in the right position. You are looking for your distributor timing to not be out by 180 degrees and/or that the valve movement is not effected by a chain issue such that #1 valves are not opening & closing properly relative to the crank position (timing mark).

1965 Dart 110k, 225, Carter BBD Super Six, 2 1/4 single exh., sbp manual scarebird front disc, 7 1/4 rear 2.94 sure grip, 14 x 4.5 OEM wheels, 833 OD with hyd. throwout bearing, HEI, electric fan, ram air/heated air, Accusump. http://plymouthcarclub.com/