Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Great work...that clifford wont do any better..."boosted engines just dont care-kenny duttwieler"..run it..if youve got e85..run it. I $#!+ you not your intake temps will drop a TON..my geo i had with a 1.3l and m90@18psi would. Actually frost up the intake and inlet under the holley 350 2bbl..fuel volume requirements are quite large however..i rana 50cc reo pump, yellow cam, 72 mains with brpv and a 34 squirter..but it was a 180hp 1.3...super forgiving fuel and you can overdrive the hell out of the blower and run ALOT of ign lead...if your lookin for more of course.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I had been having a lot of fun with the truck, but since at one time the truck was brown and someone did a quick red paint job on it , the firewall, radiator support and inside of the fenders as well as the wheelwells were a worn and crappy brown paint. I took the front end off and decided to clean it up and paint it. I did the frame , core support wheelwells and firewall in semi gloss black. I then did the edges of the hood and fenders as well as the inner fenders in body color. while I was at it I repainted the cowl that was peeling and chipped. I am redoing and covering the wiring plus detailing each component as I reinstall them, hope to have it done in a day or so. The bottom of the hood will be done soon, but needed to set it on as it started raining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:56 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Looks great, Matt! Do you have a more inclusive pic of how you ran your belts and pulleys? It looks like you have a 6 rib belt, and if so, what are you running it off? Is the drive for the blower underneath the alt pulley somehow? Splain if you would. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:06 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Mr Zeal wrote:
Looks great, Matt! Do you have a more inclusive pic of how you ran your belts and pulleys? It looks like you have a 6 rib belt, and if so, what are you running it off? Is the drive for the blower underneath the alt pulley somehow? Splain if you would. Thanks!

I am running a 13mm wide v belt, it is running of the rear pulley that once ran the smog pump. I made a pulley for the eaton and one for the idler.

I do have the first adaptor plate I used on the one barrel carb plus the idler and 3" pulley good for 5lbs boost if anyone wants to add their own eaton m90.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:23 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Here is when I first started playing with it, a new one barrel carb (still have it) this made a big jump over stock and still ran the stock choke setup and most of the emissions stuff. was good for 5lbs.

then I went to the new holley 500 (still have it too)

went to the smaller pulley ,good for 7-8lbs boost, bigger power, still one barrel intake.

This is with the offenhauser and the 4barrel carb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:20 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I have a B&M 112. I can see already that it is going to come up short on the snout. It comes with 6 rib pulleys, so I have to either figure out a different configuration or figure out some way to convert to a serp system for the whole shebang. I read that the damper from a big block will fit my slant, but the timing mark is in a different place ( no biggie). They make a serp system for big block mopar, so maybe I can make that fly. The other thought I have is to drive a jack shaft off the PS pump and crank. I don't know, but any help is appreciated.

If I tried to adapt your stuff, could you PM me with a price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:31 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I would just mod a lower serp pulley closest to the engine and run the belt right up to the supercharger, then space the others , alt and power steering out and still run the v belts on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:14 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Yeah, I would just have to clear the water pump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:09 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Also, my damper includes the pulleys built into it, so apparently I cannot put a serp pulley under the other ones. If there is a way, I would be interested in knowing. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Mr Zeal wrote:
Yeah, I would just have to clear the water pump.

the belt would go under the waterpump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:14 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Mr Zeal wrote:
Also, my damper includes the pulleys built into it, so apparently I cannot put a serp pulley under the other ones. If there is a way, I would be interested in knowing. Thanks!

run the big block damper , a modified chevy lower serpentine pulley and then mopar lower pullies with a forward offset. one trip to a junkyard shoukld be able to source those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
If you don't want to run a BBM dampener, you can use a lower pulley from a Ford 3.8 v6 and a water pump pulley from a Ford 3.0 v6, the steel one, they also come in plastic. These are six rib pulleys and some adjustment of bolt holes are needed and the water pump pulley needs to be spaced out 1/4". But they do line up.

The lower pulley will turn the blower over at 11,000rpms at 4800rpm engine speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:27 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Kesteb, those are good suggestions. I have a question. Does that lower pulley put the belt in front of the alt pulley, which is the first one on my damper? You see, the issue with my blower is that the snout is barely long enough to make it to the front of the block, so either I have to use the serp pulley underneath the damper or I need to make up a jack shaft, or fabricate a manifold adapter that moves the whole blower forward. At least that is how I see it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:12 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Went to a car show and look at the 70 sixpack charger that was next to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:59 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Six pak Charger? Yawn. Blown slant? Awesome!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next