Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Identifying my holset
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:42 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: 80 Volare, turbo slant, 3300 lb , (The Squirl)
I know this is a shot in the dark, but if any one can steer me in a good direction, it would be a big help. I have a holset turbo, from an old Massey Ferguson combine. About a 256 cid ?? Engine, and im trying to figure out what exactly l have as far as impeller and exhaust size of turbin. Ive looked all around web sites and the # dont cross to anything.
The # are as follows on the plate.
50908/14
3LD. 41.6
I feel that its kind of small for the slant. I can get 12 LB out of it, and l dont think it is chokeing the exh. Side, with 3 in outlet, but if l know what l have, it will be easier to find a better one for the slant.
Currently its a street car. Ported polished head. Engine builder valves, gasket matched, PFI, ( from a buick OBD 1-. 3.8)
22LB/ HR Injectors at 40 psi at idole and 50 psi at 10 lbs of boost. The bottom end is stauk, includeing the cam. I would like to find a nice cam for a turbo as well ive been looking at the 2.5L turbo mumbers, and am thinking that less overlap is better for this application.
Its a fun project, and has been haunting the hyway for the last 5 years. My goals are to squeeze all the hp l can get out of the slant. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Any info on this turbis would be great.. Thankyou.