Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
IMHO the dolly is safer because you eliminate the potential turning of the front wheels on the towed vehicle. The braking is less of an issue than the turning of the wheels. The dolly adds about 800 lbs or so.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

If I can fit it in I am going to try to get down to Chatsworth next week and pick up the Turismo.

I'm planning some serious driving from KY to GA and back to TN and then back to KY...

I hope my $500 Tahoe, borrowed trailer and back will hold up. I don't want to miss or be miserable at the banquet.

Hey Wayne, ya wanna "play hookie" next week and take a road trip with me? You can bring your Rush music, but it has to be cassettes. :shock:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

I got the back seats in the Tahoe to fold down (broken cables), so now I can sleep in the Tahoe on my road trip next week.

I'll head down to McDonough, GA to pick up my air compressor and some tools. Then swing back through Ball Ground, GA to pick up my '72 Dart.

Hopefully I will be able to make it down there and back without any problems.

If I'm not too worn out and the Tahoe and trailer are still holding up, I'll turn right back around and go to Chatsworth to pick up the Turismo. :shock:

At that point I'll probably just tow it to either Maynardville or to the banquet in Gatlinburg. I'll talk to Meril and see if he or Lukus are interested in fiddling with it or if I should just cut my losses and sell it for scrap. :shock:

Either way, I'm goin' on a Road Trip!! :D

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:56 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Rob - love ta skip but can't. We missed four days this past week due to ice. But there is the Indy cylinder Head swap meet - maybe DT and I could get ya to come up here? Plus Big D invited us up to see the Tuna. I will be down your way in Sept. for The Dillehay Hulaballo. Then there is Clay City. Let me know if I can help with that. I assume you are the point man for that one. BTW - only have one cassette left and that is Primus. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:51 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Dennis mentioned meeting up at the swap meet and I am definitely up for that! He said it was the first weekend in March (?) We can chit chat about that at the banquet. :D

I'm sure I'll be all fired up to jump into the Clay City thing after the banquet and will welcome any help offered.

"The Dillehay Hulaballo"... :? I'm not sure what that is, but it sure sounds like fun! :lol: Is it a family reunion?

When I unpacked my cassettes that had been in storage for 6 years (and hadn't been listened to in probably 20! :shock: ) I was surprised to see how varied my selection was. I seem to remember getting roped into one of those BMG Music Service things where you have to order so many tapes and get so many free. I had to have been reaching to order some of the tapes I ordered to meet the minimum order requirement... :roll:

Angie loaded my iPod thingy with a bunch of new Christian music and Andrew said I could get a doo-hicky to connect it to the cassette player... :lol: I have plenty of cassettes if I can't figure out all of this new fangled gadgetry. :D

(Not a single Rush cassette though... :lol: )

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

I just talked to Meril. He was over at the shop salvaging some tools from the shop. His hand is bandaged up from his recent surgery, but he's still pluggin' away at things. :D

He said to bring the Turismo on over there to see what they could do to it. :wink:

So, I'll pick it up from Chatsworth, GA on Thursday and take it up there.

Then I'll spend some time with the Bruner Family Thursday and Friday before I head over to Gatlinburg for the banquet.

I'll lend a hand with whatever they'll let me help with.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject: Road Trip gone Awry!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:26 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

My road trip to pick up my '72 Dart went GREAT!!... Until I hit Nashville on the way back yesterday. :shock:

I hit Nashville right at the beginning of rush hour,... and the snow... It took me three hours to get through Nashville! :shock:

It snowed and then froze while we were all sitting there. At one point I was sitting on I-24 going under another freeway overpass and it was so icy the Tahoe and trailer with the Dart on it just started sliding sideways and was about to slide right off onto the shoulder! :shock:

I quickly put it in 4WD and goosed the throttle enough to pull me back up a little.

It took me 9 1/2 hours to get home from Ball Ground, GA. It should have been a 5 hour drive. That was the most tense, white knuckle driving I think I've ever done.

My $500 Tahoe worked like a Champ! It labored a little pulling over the big mountain just West of Chattanooga, but made it up and over without incident. I was so thankful to have 4WD on this trip!

So, I didn't drop off the Dart and turn right back around to go get the Turismo like I planned. :lol:

I told Joel I would pick up the Turismo sometime when there was NO threat of any adverse weather!

My poor Dart from Arizona must think I hate it now. I think this is the first time it's ever seen real snow! It got really nasty on the drive up, so I gave it a little love today and tucked it into it's new garage with a promise that I'd take better care of it from now on. :wink:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:28 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

With all of the driving back and forth this last week/weekend I think I'm going to stick close to home for awhile. So the Turismo will sit for a little while longer. The Bruners can tuck it into a corner at their place, but I should wait for them to get some things settled with their shop clean up first.

I took the pictures I have of the Turismo to the banquet and showed a couple people... There should be plenty of fun things to do to it. :lol:

I meant to spend a day or so with them helping out, but that snow storm I got stuck in put the kabash on that plan.

Next weekend should be relaxing with the holiday on Monday and no swim meet to go to. Although we are starting on finishing our basement,... and I have to put a floor in the garage attic,... and have some vehicle maintenance to attend to,... and... :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:55 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Well, the basement is mostly framed and all of the boxes for outlets and lights are in. Just need to wire it and do the plumbing for the bathroom, then drywall. I got about half of the attic floor done. I hauled off a trailer load of construction debris (1,540 pounds! :shock: )

Oh yeah, I didn't do anything "vehicular" other than tightening the positive battery cable on the Tahoe this morning. :lol:

I did look at the engine on the stand and wish I had the time to play with it. :(

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Rob we are doing the same to our basement! You are quite the family guy! You are even a part of our family - just ask my wife! Don't get discouraged - I often go to the garage with a beverage in hand turn up the radio and just smile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Hey Wayne,

I'm not discouraged. Just sharing. I hadn't said anything in the post that was "Slant Related", so I had to bring it back on topic :lol:

The garage at the house is not mine. It's Angie's and is only for parking her Suburban. MY garage is about 5 miles away, so the beverages have to be somewhat less than adequate for the occasion. :lol:

I have considered putting up a cot over there once it warms up a bit, but Angie has already warned me against that idea. :shock: :D

I'm looking forward to meeting your wife. I'm anticipating one of those "Rolling Pin Incidents" though! :shock:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
Rob Simmons wrote:
I have considered putting up a cot over there once it warms up a bit, but Angie has already warned me against that idea. :shock: :D

Hey Rob
Cinda wont even let me install the bathroom in the Garage. (its plumbed for one) and NO fridge either. She says she would never see me if I was allowed those things.
Funny thing is she is right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :roll:
Frank

178" FED
82 D150
All Slant powered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Yup, same deal here...

At least your garage is right next to the house! She can just yell at you from the kitchen window. :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:25 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

So, two nights ago we had some pretty serious rain here...

That hole we cut in the basement floor for the new bathroom plumbing was a great entry point for the rising ground water level... :roll:

I stayed up all night with a few buckets. I wasn't very coherent at work the next day and my back still aches. :shock:

Can't wait to get this basement project done! I did get the floor in the garage attic done at least.

Then MAYBE I'll start finding more time for my "Slanted Addiction". :D

Which thread is this again...? Oh yeah, Turismo 225! It's,... um,... still there (as far as I know) :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Basement bathroom plumbing is in the ground. Inspection is tomorrow. Then we can pour cement over it so I don't have to worry every time it rains. :roll: :lol:

Progress (of ANY kind) is good. 8)

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next