Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
The test and tune last weekend went well. The Duster picked up 3 tenths with the shift kit and properly adusted linkage. It ran consistent times between 10.18 and 10.3 all day. Not bad, we have managed to pick up 1 second since Vegas last year.

The Dart was running between 9.1 and 9.3 fairly consistently. It appears that the Mr. Gasket fuel regulator has given up the ghost. Fuel pressure is 6.5psi which is 1psi to much. Time for a better one.

Tomorrow is opening day, it has been snow/hail mixed rain tonight. Should be an interestng day.

Videos of the runs from last weekend are up on youtube. Check under "evergreendrags".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:42 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Video, here is Deb and I lined up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKx59ne ... ata_player

Post subject: tock fuel pump pressure
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:35 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
kesteb,

You were asking a while back......pressures on a stock fuel pump.

On my stock fuel pump I have a fuel pressure gauge in line and it shows 6 pounds at idle and climbs slightly up through 4000 rpm.

You can click on the red link to view pictures of where it is located right after the fuel water separator and before the carb.

http://cid-32f1e50ddb40a03c.photos.live ... %20Swinger

74 Swinger, 9.5 comp 254/.435 lift cam, 904, ram air, electric fans, 2.5" HP2 & FM70 ex, 1920 Holley#56jet, 2.76 8 3/4 Sure-Grip, 26" tires, 25+MPG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Interesting, the ones that I tried never put out more the 4.5psi. Anyway the BBM pump is working nicely. I just installed a new QuickFuel regulator and set it at 5.25psi. The engine seems crisper, it helps when you aren't overpowering the floats.

Next race day is Sunday. Maybe it won't be rainy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Last Sunday was the first race day since the opener. The others were rained out and Sunday was iffy. It was supposed to be a double points day, but it turned into a test and tune when the lights started acting up.

The changes on the cars were 6 leaf rear springs for the Duster, a line lock along with a new pressure regulator and fuel filter for the Dart. Deb actually was able to hole shot me and hold on to beat me to the finish line. Video later...

That was the only highlight for the day. The cars were not particularly impressive this time out.

I had another Mr. Gasket part failure. This time it was the fuel pressure gauge. Apparently, it started to leak. When I noticed it, it was dripping gas onto the exhaust manifold and the plastic lenses had "melted" onto the pointer. Another notable company, that has sold it soul to the Chinese for a quick profit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Went racing yesterday. Deb, and the Duster were running consitent 10.06 times all day long . Unfortuantly so was the Dart. Things started badly and got worse. The new fuel pressure gauage started to leak and was almost thrown into the stands. The car will launch well and then fall on its face. It threw a fan belt with the new alternator. On a positive note, l am starting to get how to use the line lock...

Deb won her bracket by forcing the other guy to break out. I went out the first round.

By the way, an ATV won my bracket, power to weight baby, power to weight...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Went racing yesterday. Deb, and the Duster were running consitent 10.06 times all day long . Unfortuantly so was the Dart. Things started badly and got worse. The new fuel pressure gauage started to leak and was almost thrown into the stands. The car will launch well and then fall on its face. It threw a fan belt with the new alternator. On a positive note, l am starting to get how to use the line lock...

Deb won her bracket by forcing the other guy to break out. I went out the first round.

By the way, an ATV won my bracket, power to weight baby, power to weight...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
:lol:

Gotta love bracket! The first guy over the line can loose. :shrug:

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Last Friday was another race day.

I installed a new fuel pressure gauge on the Dart and sat the pressure correctly. It was at 3.5 psi which is way to low, the car runs better at 5.25 psi. I pulled the carb and stripped it down and cleaned it out, adjusted the floats again and re-installed. I also tighten up the secondary air flapper spring another 2 turns. Apparently the Edelbrock AVS is REALLY sensitive to fuel pressure and float settings. Everything was working good on the commute to work. The slight bog around 3200 rpms is now gone.

I didn't do anything on the Duster.

Deb had the Duster running between 10.0 and 10.1 which was good enough to outrun everybody in her class. This is her second first place in a row. If this keeps happening there will be no living with her...

The Dart was running around 9.3 which was a nice feeling. Unfortunately, I was outran by an AWD Subaru after a banzai start. You can't win when you going sideways with excessive tire spin for half the track.

Time for some spring clamps and tire pressure adjustments. I wonder what everybody else is running for tire pressure with P235/60 BFG TAs. I am running 32 psi right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Sounds good! You can try those BFGs around 17-24 psi. I have usually found around 20 works best on that type of tire. I do one really big burnout at the beginning of the day, then small ones after that.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:31 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
Sounds good! You can try those BFGs around 17-24 psi. I have usually found around 20 works best on that type of tire. I do one really big burnout at the beginning of the day, then small ones after that.

Lou

Are you talking drag or street TAs? Anyway last sunday was race day. Deb and the Duster were running between 10.0 and 10.1 again. The Dart was running better. The spring clamps worked. No tire spin. it rides like i have 6 leaf springs on the back now.

It was hot sunday 80 plus with track temps around 132 and the Dart didn't like it. So pratice sessions were limited. It appears that the clamps may have been worth 3 tenths in the 60 foot. Maybe more, hard to tell on the last run as the 60 foot times weren't recorded.

Deb got a second place finish and i went out the first round against the atv. But my last run was the best at 9.3 and the atv just beat me by inches. The atv was quicker, but I holeshot him big time. The linelock works good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:

Lou

Are you talking drag or street TAs? Anyway last sunday was race day. Deb and the Duster were running between 10.0 and 10.1 again. The Dart was running better. The spring clamps worked. No tire spin. it rides like i have 6 leaf springs on the back now.

It was hot sunday 80 plus with track temps around 132 and the Dart didn't like it. So pratice sessions were limited. It appears that the clamps may have been worth 3 tenths in the 60 foot. Maybe more, hard to tell on the last run as the 60 foot times weren't recorded.

Deb got a second place finish and i went out the first round against the atv. But my last run was the best at 9.3 and the atv just beat me by inches. The atv was quicker, but I holeshot him big time. The linelock works good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:26 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
I was assuming non-drag radial TAs.

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:04 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Ah, thanks for clarifing. The net was not to helpfull when doing research for the street TAs. I am currently running 32lbs in the rear now. A quick check with another mopar nut shows him running 35lbs in another brand of street radial.

Right now I can launch at 3000 rpms with a slight squeal from the tires. I am slightly afaird of going any higher with 45 year old parts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:05 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Ah, thanks for clarifing. The net was not to helpfull when doing research for the street TAs. I am currently running 32lbs in the rear now. A quick check with another mopar nut shows him running 35lbs in another brand of street radial.

Right now I can launch at 3000 rpms with a slight squeal from the tires. I am slightly afaird of going any higher with 45 year old parts...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next