Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Home Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Click here to make a donation to the Slant Six Forum!

New .org board

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Old Message Board
Select message display options:             View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tom Drake
Guest





Post subject: New .org board (Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:32 pm) Reply with quote

You guys are in for a real treat! I have been helping debug the new board and this site is going to knock your socks off. Easy to use...easy to navigate...easy to post. No long download time.

Chuck, Doug and Max have exceed my expectations and I am sure that everyone on here will be pleased.

Those of you that have sent a donation in rest assured that the money is being well spent! Those of you that haven't....what's stopping you. $10 goes a long way if everyone sends it in and keeps all of this good /6 info flowing.

Thanks again Chuck, Doug and Max for your hard work.

Tom Drake

http://www.drakecoatings.com
drakecoatings@aol.com


Back to top
Charlie Schmid
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:41 pm) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Those of you that have sent a donation in rest
: assured that the money is being well spent!
: Those of you that haven't....what's stopping
: you. $10 goes a long way if everyone sends
: it in and keeps all of this good /6 info
: flowing.
:
: Thanks again Chuck, Doug and Max for your hard
: work.
:
: Tom Drake


I have been at the new site also. You are going to love it. I am probably, the most computer illiterate person on this site. If I can use it easily, any one can. Lots of nice features, and much faster loading, even with a slow dialup service.
I sent a small donation last week, and got some overtime in, so will be sending an additional amount. Please everyone, if you use the site, and enjoy it, send a donation. This upgrade is not cheap. Any amount helps. You will not be disappointed.
Charrlie_S

flturbo6@aol.com


Back to top
Chuck Rivers
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board, UPDATE! (Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:21 pm) Reply with quote

Thanks to all who are helping to move this project forward. Here is the current list of donators:

Thomas Kimpel
Mitchell Blackman
Andrew Wagner
Rick Covalt
Charles Schmid
Robert Brady
Steve Davis
Arthur Hutchison
James Longhurst
Thomas Mioduszewski
Patrick Devlin
John Killin
Matthew Haskell
Michael Andreas
Brett Johnson
Dave Reibs
Al Toews
Daniel Stern
David Clement
Robert Fisher
Lou Madsen
Tom Drake
Roger Ginther
Steve Hall
Carl Zeamer
Bill Shearn
Cecil Higginbotham
Ron Parker
Sam Dains
Craig Fiedler
Mitchell Blackman (Again!)
Keith Meade
Jerry Turben
Guy Reynolds

Max (MaxDart72) is about ready to "import" all the old messages into the new system. He gets BIG guru points for this!

All those who contribute to this project are being given a "sneak preview". I have tried to e-mail everyone on this list, but I don't have e-mail addresses for those who mailed their contribution. If you are one of those, or one I missed, send me an e-mail at sl6@omnipages,com and I will get you onto the new board so you can see what you are contributing to! So far it seems that it is a real winner!

My current goal is to raise enough cash to cover all this new stuff and pay the operating expenses for the board for the next 2 years. (I have paid all expenses myself up 'til now.) If you are one of the many readers who have saved yourself a trip to the repair shop and saved a few bucks because of the info on this board, think about sending $20. You probably saved at least an hour's shop time ($55?).

We're getting close to launch time...

Chuck


sl6@omnipages.com


Back to top
cycledog
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:59 am) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: You guys are in for a real treat! I have been
: helping debug the new board and this site is
: going to knock your socks off. Easy to
: use...easy to navigate...easy to post. No
: long download time.
:
: Chuck, Doug and Max have exceed my expectations
: and I am sure that everyone on here will be
: pleased.
:
: Those of you that have sent a donation in rest
: assured that the money is being well spent!
: Those of you that haven't....what's stopping
: you. $10 goes a long way if everyone sends
: it in and keeps all of this good /6 info
: flowing.
:
: Thanks again Chuck, Doug and Max for your hard
: work.
:
: Tom Drake


No doubt that the new site is one of best if not the best around..great work by great people..
cycledog

cycledog@iglide.net


Back to top
Charlie Schmid
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:33 pm) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I sent a small donation last week, and got some
: overtime in, so will be sending an
: additional amount.


Additional donation sent by paypal
Charrlie_S

flturbo6@aol.com


Back to top
Bob Brady (Slanted 67)
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:57 pm) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: No doubt that the new site is one of best if
: not the best around..great work by great
: people..
: cycledog


Thank you for the chance for the "sneak peak" at the new board. It has many new and cool features, and is alot of fun. The forums look interesting, and I especially like the idea of the "virtual dragstrip", and I haven't raced, yet. (I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag). Anyway, that's my $.02. For anyone that is still looking at a good reason to donate to the cause, I can fully support endorsing Chuck, Doc's, and the others hardwork to make this happen. I look forward to discussions on "the other side".

Bob


Back to top
james longhurst
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:30 pm) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Additional donation sent by paypal
: Charrlie_S


i just wanted to thank chuck again for the new site. it is awesome! any need for another moderator? i would be pleased to offer any help.

-james

ludite13@cs.com


Back to top
Chuck Rivers
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:23 pm) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Additional donation sent by paypal
: Charrlie_S


Thanks Charlie. We are LOOKING GOOD!

Chuck


sl6@omnipages.com


Back to top
Chuck Rivers
Guest





Post subject: Re: New .org board (Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:24 pm) Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: i just wanted to thank chuck again for the new
: site. it is awesome! any need for another
: moderator? i would be pleased to offer any
: help.
:
: -james


James,

Flag Doug on the moderator. He is handling that while I work on the code.

Chuck


sl6@omnipages.com


Back to top
Select message display options:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Old Message Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Go To Slant Six Forum Home

Mopar Ring Member Site
Mopar Ring Member Site



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Theme created by Vjacheslav Trushkin, modified by Chuck Rivers