Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:04 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
NorCalMoparnut, are you alive? more importantly is your head project alive? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:04 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
adiffrentcity wrote:
NorCalMoparnut, are you alive? more importantly is your head project alive? :lol:
we are working on a single camber first and the valve geo. once we work that out we will program and patern the rest then we will work on a cam a design with one of the major manuf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:39 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
So are you and norcal working together or is this in response to my post under doc's buster thread? And seriously more info, pics, charts, sketches, anything would be awesome.

99 dakota 318 5 speed reg cab picked up 9/09; Trans finally fixed! woohoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1965 Barracuda 'S' auto
I asked the same question recently and was directed to rthis pos. Unfortunantly, all the pic links are broken. Can the pics be reposted? I'm am a firm believer in industrial epoxy, I don't see an issue with an AL socket oin a cast iron head. Tapping would be difficult on 2 levels 2 inches apart. - make my own sockets anyway so I have plenty of material. All I have to lose is a boneyard head and some quality shop time. If I had a hobbvy lathe, I could really profile the bungs to sit in ther with a smallwer entry hole in the roof and then have the roof support yjhe bung from getting pushed in from injector insertion. Ill keep you all. FYI the ford TB's are better suited for MS as they are not stepper motors but duty cycle valves that even the first gen MS can handle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:44 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Pishta,

in the environment you are working, water jacket to intake port, dis simular metals will not be a problem,, water jackets have been sealed for years with steel or brass cup plugs.

personally, I like the idea of threading the joints where the sealing is to take place and then using a loctite product to seal and lock the threads in place. That will give much better stability than a butt joint that is epoxyed together

In threading the through bung connector you have options:
1) a one size pipe with continious exterior threads,, The intake port hole and deck hole are threaded at the same time.
2) a custom produced step pipe with a smaller threaded diameter on the section where it threads into the intake port and a larger threaded diameter where it sets into the top deck. The larger top hole gives access to thread the lower hole independently

1) will be easier to source,, I would look a black pipe at the local hardware store,
2) would possible give better size for fitting to the injector OD and be less intrusive to the intake port walls.

with both, where the pipe threads into the intake passsage, it would need to be ground after installation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:05 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
its.been a while. havent made.much progress. will repost old.pics though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Im game. I got nothing to lose and it will actually be easier to drill into the relatively flat head than drill into my welded runners at 30 degrees and flanges at 60. Ill wait on the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Looking at the plans, the general idea is interesting but I'm not sure the gains would be worth the effort. The one thing that would concern me (assuming the tubes seal to the head ok) would be the resulting location of the injectors.

You either have the inj sitting ouside the head- you'd need a very narrow spray pattern to "reach" down the tube to the port- which would seem to negate some of the gains of aiming at the valves. Or you have the inj partially "in the head"- getting cooked after every shutdown. Normal inj don't like lots of heat which causes vapor lock, deposits, hardened/failed O-rings & plastic fittings, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 pm 
EFI Slant 6

The injector bung is surrounded by water (up to 220F I assume with a 5 lb cap) and is only supported by 2 rather thin walls of iron of the water jacket. IF the injectors are in the intake as most are, you are millimeters from a possible glowing hot turbo exhaust manifold. There is a thermoplastic called PEI (Ultem brand name) that is about $13 a .750 rod/foot, enough to make 6 injector bungs, that is stable to 410F. That is much more insulating than AL and may be a good choice, and is possibly the material of the injector body. Viton O-rings are good to 392F, standard EFI O-rings are good to 302F (150C). The injector is has no metal to metal contact with the bung so as to minimize heat conduction. http://www.interstateplastics.com/Natural-Ultem-Rod-PEINE.php?sku=PEINE&vid=201303111714-9p&diameter=0.750&dim2=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:51 pm 
EFI Slant 6

where did all the pics go? All my link are broken and when I try to edit them, the URL of my pics is not any of my photo sites...? Did the board host them and dump them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:54 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
Most sites like photobucket and imageshack only host the pics you upload to your library temporarily unless you upgrade to a paying subscription. They do this as a teaser to encourage you to pay money for a more permanent priviledge to host and share your pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:13 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
pishta wrote:
where did all the pics go?

The photos were hosted at Geniusfire, which appears to have gone tìts-up—the images on that server are gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:56 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
CNC-Dude wrote:
Most sites like photobucket and imageshack only host the pics you upload to your library temporarily unless you upgrade to a paying subscription. They do this as a teaser to encourage you to pay money for a more permanent priviledge to host and share your pics.

I've been using the free photobucket for years and my pictures are still there.......

I do know the free version has bandwidth limits, (I've seen pictures say try again later); but I don't have that problem :wink:

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:16 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Any word on how this build is was performing?