Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Home Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Click here to make a donation to the Slant Six Forum!

Private message notification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> How to use this Message Board
Select message display options:             View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Covalt
Board Sponsor

Post subject: Private message notification (Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:15 pm) Reply with quote

I send out a lot of PM's throughout the year, especially right before our races, that lay in my out box and go unread. Even though I see the same people on the site after I send them a PM, many times they are not opening them. The only thing I can think is that maybe their profile is set up wrong or maybe that is how they want it.
But just in case it helps someone. If you want to receive an e-mail when you get a PM, or have a drop down box open when a PM comes in for you. Just go to your profile and scroll down to those options and make sure they have a check mark on them.

Thanks,
Rick

DusterIdiot
Board Sponsor

Post subject: Pop up blocker... (Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm) Reply with quote

If the pop up blocker is enabled on their browser the "notification" box that says you have a PM and asks if you want to go directly to you PM box will not show up (but the browser will display a notification asking if you want to see the box...most people who surf just click the disallow option and they never see the box pop up).

Rick Covalt
Board Sponsor

Post subject: (Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 pm) Reply with quote

Understand.

Just wish they could click their PM inbox and check it once in a while. Laughing Laughing

Greg Ondayko
Supercharged

Post subject: (Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:45 pm) Reply with quote

I have not gotten an email relay from ss.org lately informing me that there is a PM waiting for me to check out :0

I have the setting turned on... Just seems like the last month it will not work.

Greg

Select message display options:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> How to use this Message Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: