Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 705 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 3447 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Ya gots ta put it together 'fore I can take it apart! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:12 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Oh yeah... :?

'Course, havin' me put this thang t'gether is gonna NEED somebody to take it apart (& fix it!) :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:10 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Seein' as how I'm movin' back to Kentucky here in a few months I figgered I'd look & see where we left off with this thread...

The only thing that has happened since June 2014 is I did make it back to the garage back in October for about an hour. I put a much better tarp over the car... That's it. :lol:

I'm anxious to get back to the fun. I'll probably focus on getting the Duster ready to race for the last part of the season while I slowly start digging back into the Challenger... And other various things that will be vying for my attention... :roll:

See you all soon! :D

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:12 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 am 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Good plan! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:21 am 

Car Model:
It'll be great to have you back, Rob. Best of luck with the move...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:44 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

The Duster is still on the trailer under a tarp...

But both the car and trailer have tires on them now! :D :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:12 am 

Awesome! :D

Post subject: Re: GodsRods Duster II
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

We got the Duster moved to the house to make it easier to fiddle with as time allows.

We just need to reinstall the parts we removed when we moved to Germany in 2014. (Fuel pump/filter, carb, tach)

We will work on it as time allows over the winter and get some runs on it in preparation for the big Clay City race in September 2018.

Chase or CJ will be driving it next season.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject: In Good Company
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Photographic evidence that the Duster is off the trailer and out from under a tarp for the first time in over 3 years. It currently sits in good company with my '72 Dart and '61 Valiant. :wink:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:11 am 

Car Model:
It's all photoshop! :mrgreen:
Lou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:14 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Busted! :oops:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 am 

Dart270 wrote:
It's all photoshop! :mrgreen:
Lou

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Simmons please report to the burn unit!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Here ya go again Charlie. I put my current list in the Challenger thread. I updated this list in CAPS... :D

Rob Simmons wrote:
Hey Charrlie,

Here's the current run-down of all of my on-going mis-adventures... :lol: :

1. GodsRods Duster II - This is the white '73 Duster I bought from Norm Foster back in 2005 when I was in Iraq. Lukus is fixing the roll bar and floors for me. Gary is building the K1/Wiseco engine for it. I'm hoping to have it ready to race at some point this season. STILL GOT IT. WON A FEW RACES. 13.79 ET. IT WILL RACE IN 2018.

2. Turismo 225 - Still sitting in Chatsworth where it has been since May 2004. I'm planning on picking it up (possibly next week) so we can start working on it again. The roll bar will need to be re-done as well as the front suspension and possibly the back half... :roll: STILL GOT IT. STILL THE SAME. MAYBE SOMEDAY...

3. GodsRods Duster I - I gave Frank and Cinda the body. I went down there a couple weeks ago and pulled the engine and tranny out. The head is off now and I will take it to the banquet for some "professional advice" on the sticky valve/bent pushrod issue. The engine and trans will go into... GONE TO FRANK & CINDA. ENGINE IN DUSTER II.

4. I Ain't Sayin' Just Yet! :shock: :D - I have another car ready for the engine and trans that I will be able to race and drive on the street (kinda sorta like "Charlie's Angel" :wink: ) I will start a thread for it when the time is right. :) GONE TO SCRAP. THIS WAS RUSTER/STREET DUSTER THAT HAD THE RUSTY FRAMERAIL. SAVED ALL THE GOOD PARTS FOR OTHER PROJECTS.

5. '72 Dart Swinger - This is the car that introduced me to the whole Slant 6 thing back in 1991. It now has a mild 318 in it that runs mid 13's in full street trim. I plan to go get the original engine/trans in Tucson this summer and they will likely wind up back in there after a good rebuild. I will be picking up the car in Georgia next week. :D STILL GOT IT. STILL THE SAME. I DRIVE IT SOMETIMES. NEED TO DRIVE AND RACE IT MORE...

6. '83 D100 - I bought this one a couple months ago in my "desperate need" to have a Dodge Truck :roll: . The 318 was still trying to run with the original Lean Burn system, but it was none too happy. So I have installed the GM HEI system and a different carb. Unfortunately, I'm not getting spark to the coil and I haven't figured out why yet. :roll: GONE TO DENNIS. HE PUT A V8 IN IT.

7. '56 D100 - This one's been sitting patiently since I bought it in 1994. It's still in Tucson and my nephews haven't destroyed or sold it yet. Hopefully it will make it's way from AZ to KY and I'll start fiddling with it someday. STILL GOT IT. SAVED IT FROM MY NEPHEWS JUST IN TIME.

8. '87 Shelby Charger - Another one of the GodsRods projects that didn't get finished. I need to go get this one in Goergia. I bought it with a bad clutch. The plan was to replace the clutch, gut the interior and race it in SCCA. When the Turismo went from SCCA racer to Slant 6 Drag Car the kids still wanted to race SCCA, so this was the replacement. We replaced the clutch,... with the wrong clutch disc... I left for Germany before tearing back into it to put the right clutch in. GONE TO GERALD WRIGHT FOR HELPING ME ON OTHER THINGS. HE SOLD IT.

9. '05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Daily Driver / Autocrosser. This was my gift to myself after my first deployment to Iraq. Some suspension mods is about it. I race it in the SCCA Stock Class, so mods are limited. It is sitting in my driveway waiting for better weather. STILL GOT IT. CHASE’S CAR NOW. GREAT CAR. NEVER AN ISSUE WITH IT.

Non Mopar:

1. '03 Chevy Suburban - Angie's Daily Driver / Mom Taxi and occasional Tow Rig. GONE. NOW SHE DRIVES A HONDA CRV.

2. '95 Chevy Tahoe - Currently my Daily Driver / Tow Rig. When Andrew gets his license in March it will be his Daily Driver. GONE. LOVED IT! BEST $500 I EVER SPENT. TOWED CAR TRAILERS ALL OVER KY, GA, NC, TN, AR FOR A COUPLE YEARS. NEVER A SINGLE ISSUE.

3. '75 Mustang II - I don't know what I'll do with it. Andrew used to want it. It's the car that started him on his, "I want a Mustang" kick when he was about 4. :shock: He still wants a Mustang,... just not THIS one. :lol: I'll probably just sell it when I get back down to Tucson the next time (if it's still there by then). It has a 302 in it. GONE. NEPHEWS SOLD IT. :x

4. '76 Pontiac Astre Wagon - Like a Chevy Vega. Also sitting in Tucson waiting for attention. Planned to do the famous small block swap into it. I still like it and Hot Rod just ran an article on a coupe with an LS motor in it... :roll: :lol: GONE. NEPHEWS SOLD IT. :x

That's it currently. Aren't you glad I don't still have the other 6-8 A bodies I used to have as projects? :shock:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 am 

Car Model:
Make it run, bring to track, have fun, repeat...

Lou

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 705 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 3447 Next