Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:32 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Low hanging fruit to me to only go up one class is the control arms, to get to under 40. Everything else is kinda important. IMO the Poly is kinda heavy, and your fuel pit stops will increase. Is a battery relocation allowed? putting down the eatra power with the chassis will be a bigger issue with the Poly then the slant, and loss of favorable f/r balance. So open powertrain means a suregrip is no penalty?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: Fiat 500e
Dan-o wrote:
October 29 at Sears Point will be our first Enduro event. I have an event at Thunderhill in mid August I'm lightly shooting for, but if I don't make that date I have 2 other cars that need testing too. I believe next event after that is early September at Sears Point.

As is and with these planned mods we are at 61 points. I'm trying to find 2 to shave off to make it to D, which would put us in the slowest class for the Enduro series.

And if you read under transmission, you'll see the point penalties for swapping trans or rear gear changes. But now that you mention that, I wonder if I read/interpreted that wrong. If we can change rear gear and tune for top speed track to track that would be great.

Looks like a 4-speed would cost 3 points as would a LSD.There is nothing in the points added section about final drive ratios that I can find.

D. DRIVETRAIN:
3) Modify number of forward gears in transmission or altered gear ratios +3
5) Added limited slip differential or welded/locked differential +3

I. NO-POINTS MODIFICATIONS:
d. Drivetrain
4) Final drive ratio modification

Do you have a copy of your point spreadsheet for the Dart you would be willing to share? I'm curious to see how it stacks up.

Some more thoughts...

I can't stress enough the importance of tires and would do just about whatever sensible trade could be made to run a tire like a BFG Rival S in 245/40R17 on a 9" wide wheel. That's 4 points for the class/ranking of the tire and 7 points for +30mm width. I ran my '66 Dart years ago on 225/50R15 Kumho Victoracers due to space limitations. Tires were the biggest handicap I faced, when running against other cars in my class, followed by horsepower.

I used to spin the inside rear tire pretty severely coming off slow corners. The '66 probably had less weight on the rear axle, but it's likely to be an issue for you too.

If you can find a Sure-Grip, 3.91 gear 3rd member I'd start there. I had a shorter tire and less weight so I ran 3.55s at a reasonably fast track. Losing a few MPH on the top end doesn't feel good, but it's faster around the track as you hit top speed briefly once, maybe twice a lap, but come out of one corner after another where acceleration really counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:09 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: Road Runner
I do have my spreadsheet, but I don't know how to post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:52 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: Road Runner
ST 14 is on order. Probably go Carb shopping next week.