Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
Good eve. Have made the title as baity as feasible. Recently picked up a set of DCOE 56's jetted for a D364 E49 and looking at re-cal'ing them to work on a 225 currently in build. By search engineing the site there's not too many runnin a sixpack setup on the board. Looking at gaining basic info while feasibly at the same time making the later finding of it easier for others.

Head has been milled and ported quite nicely before me. Pistons are yet to be fitted and deck has yet to be shaved. Headers and a 2 1/4" system are fitted.

What are the people with triple 45's using in their donks and what have they teamed it up with insofar as carb guts please? I realise how broad that reads but if the presupposed mild number of those doing so reply, a toehold as a start point might be found.

I'm gentle on clutches and don't drag race so lets presume gearing is of little to no pertinence. Like torque rather than screaming so that can be factored in.

Have you bunged on a set of BBQ's even if in the past and what choke size and initial brass did you have plumbed in and what were the results?

Ta muchly in advance for your time, Glen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:08 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I have a set of 45 DCOE's and a manifold from Australia - no name on it but looks like a nice casting. On my old computer which went totally belly up, I have/had some notes on my computer on jetting, emulsion tube, etc numbers, so I can't really add any info.

I wanted to use the Webers in my 65 Dart wagon, but unfortunately there's no room for the AC compressor. I am contemplating buying a 47 Dodge sedan and would love to use a slant with the triple Webers in it.

Retired USAF 1966-1986
Retired US Postal Service 2004-2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:11 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
I had a set of Weber 45s for many years. They were pretty much used for drag racing only but in doing so I think I found the best combinations for power, aided by a very knowledgeable dyno operator. I used 40mm venturies with 145 fuel jets and 190 air jets. I believe the emulsion tubes were F2. With altitude densities under 1,500 feet you need 150 and 195. You probably would want to run smaller ventures on the street which would require different jetting but I was always surprised by how lean the best combinations were compared to other those recommended for other engines.