Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Home Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Click here to make a donation to the Slant Six Forum!

Double 2bbl Webers to Fitech 30003 four barrel TBI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Fuel Injection
Select message display options:             View previous topic :: View next topic  
'67 Dart 270
Turbo EFI

Post subject: update (Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 pm) Reply with quote

This weekend I reconfigured my Fuel Command Center (FCC) to recirculate fuel back to the fuel tank, rather than the vented system as designed. This seems to keep the FCC much cooler.

There is no tach setting on my hand held controller. It's fine, it runs good, and I'll just focus on AFR settings, particularly the richness on deceleration. There is an adjustment specifically for that condition. I'll play with it more and get it tuned eventually, but it runs good enough to drive it and tune over time.

Brian
Dart270
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Post subject: (Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:19 am) Reply with quote

Sounds like good progress, Brian. Persistence and observation and testing/driving will get you to a happy place. Good idea to run the tank-return from the FCC. MSD's make a lot of noise...

Best,
Lou

'67 Dart 270
Turbo EFI

Post subject: Thanks Lou (Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm) Reply with quote

It runs pretty well, feels like a stock 318, but I'm pretty sure there's more performance bottled up in there, just need some time to tweak the timing and the TBI settings. The response is a little slower than the Webers and I would expect the TBI to be at least as good (at least I'm told I should expect that).

BTW, I had upgraded to the Borgeson steering box and put a (thin) rear sway bar on it while I had the engine out, and it really handles well. Feels like a different car (I already had a stock front sway bar, firm feel bearing kit for the box). Drove it 50 miles to work today, handles great.

B
Select message display options:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Fuel Injection All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: