Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Windshield lock strip
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Can someone tell me what to order for lock strip, for 65 Valiant windshield? I know it is Chevy truck, but don't remember exactly what.
Thanks

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:25 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Precision № WLS-466 for the black one, or № WLS-848/853SP for the chrome one that will quickly go to crap in the sun and make you wish someone would produce the correct original-style material, or at least that you'd bought the black one.

'73-'91 Chev/GMC full-size truck/SUV.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:38 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Thank you, sir.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Ditto on the black one. Thanks for the PN post, Dan.

Lou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:07 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Ordered two from rockauto, plus another windshield seal.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:38 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
SlantSixDan wrote:
Precision № WLS-466 for the black one, or № WLS-848/853SP for the chrome one that will quickly go to crap in the sun and make you wish someone would produce the correct original-style material, or at least that you'd bought the black one.

'73-'91 Chev/GMC full-size truck/SUV.

Thank you, this was valuable and sad (and to be expexted, I guess) information. Does anybody know, are they (detroitmuscle etc.) are all selling the same stuff? I have almost ordered a couple of times in order to replace a faded old ones. But if the chrome ones (are all the same) and they don't last, there isn't much point...

Maurice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:50 am 

Car Model:
The chrome ones have long been all the same. They all don't last. The only glimmer of hope on the matter is here, but no news I've seen, and DMT's description of what they sell looks and sounds like "Nope" (also note DMT's part number, which is same as the Precision part number I supplied earlier in this thread).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
SlantSixDan wrote:
The chrome ones have long been all the same. They all don't last. The only glimmer of hope on the matter is here, but no news I've seen, and DMT's description of what they sell looks and sounds like "Nope" (also note DMT's part number, which is same as the Precision part number I supplied earlier in this thread).

Yes, I noticed the number too. They claim to make 95% of the products they sell, but these probably don't fall into that category -at least not yet. Okay, let's hope for the best. Detroit muscle technologies has so far been friendly and helpful and the stuff I have bought there has been pretty good too. Would be great if they started making proper ones.

Thanks again for the info. Without it I would probably have ended up buying the chrome ones on Internet and getting disappointed.

Maurice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:12 am 

Car Model:
Yeah, I have a generally high opinion of Jim/DMT, but I notice some badness in his listings for the pre-'67 A-bodies. Claiming the same hood-cowl seal is used on all '62-'66 A-bodies, claiming the same hood-to-radiator seal is used on all '63-'65 Darts, etc.) It's a shame; I expected better from him, and these are examples of parts that will make me miss Gary Goers especially much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
SlantSixDan wrote:
Yeah, I have a generally high opinion of Jim/DMT, but I notice some badness in his listings for the pre-'67 A-bodies. Claiming the same hood-cowl seal is used on all '62-'66 A-bodies, claiming the same hood-to-radiator seal is used on all '63-'65 Darts, etc.) It's a shame; I expected better from him, and these are examples of parts that will make me miss Gary Goers especially much.

Well, in this not so perfect world, it's a good thing we have people like you. Keeping our cars going would be so much more difficult without all the valuable advice. Thanks again.

I never had the privilege of dealing with Gary Goers, but I have seen many references to him over the years. I think I can relate to what he's going through. I know what it's like when your legs just don't carry you anymore and the pain gets excruciating. Winter time is worst for me. I hope he can find some relief.

Maurice