Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 545 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
look dennis buzz has been to mokan !!!!! come race with us

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Nice picture Rusty, thanks for posting it. :D

Leaving Friday to get the car. Weather looks like it's going to co-operate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hello and congratulations on the historic acquisition. Pardon me for jumping in. It's been a while since I've been here and you guys don't know me other than through my posts last year. I've been busy working on both my 66 b body cars though. I just put a post in the "what I've done to my car recently" in the social section. I wanted to formally say hello. The reason I responded is that I spoke with with Mike when he first put his motor and had up for sale. It was before anyone really knew he was selling it. He actually didn't want to sell it to me which I could appreciate. He said he wanted it to end up with someone who was already in the game and was ready to make the next step up. We had a great 45 minute conversation and he was, as you guys know, a wealth of knowledge and a real gentleman who took the time to educate me and share his experience with me. I likely wouldn't have raced it mainly because I work a lot and we have no race tracks on Long Island so you really have to be committed time wise and financially if you're going to do it and I don't dabble. I did, however, assure him that I fully appreciated the history behind the motor and wanted to put it into my street car. He told me that the motor really wouldn't be very streetable. As I said, I knew I was talking to a very skilled and talented pioneer in the slant 6 world and very much wanted his motor and especially the head (his best one yet) but he put such a big price tag on it to dissuade me from getting too serious. Unfortunately for me but fortunately for you I didn't purchase it. He assured me that once the new racing season rolled around I'd have guys calling wanting to buy the darn thing back. I said that was OK too but he didn't want to see me turn around and sell it to someone else at a profit. He really looked out for you guys like family. I understood and stood down. That's the anecdotal part. Here's my sincere need at this time. Who can I send my head to get the "Jeffries" treatment at a reasonable price? Since you have the head is there anyway to duplicate it and is someone actually picking up where Mike left off? Thank you for your time and your help.

P.S. You really don't how close I was to getting that head. My timing was impeccable. I caught everyone off gaurd but he really wanted it to go to someone in the "community". Good luck with it. I hope to someday come to one of your events with both of my cars and my two sons and share in the festivities with you fine hardcore slant 6 gentlemen. Any help with getting my head done at a fair price is really appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
It sounds like history can repeat itself. You have the car, you have the engine, you have the transmission, you have two guys to help bolt it together, well maybe one guy that gets stuff done to help. See you at MoKan!

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:25 pm 

Maybe next year Mark, this year is a definite no.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:44 am 

Car Model:
Thanks for checking in and sharing the story, Bill. We do not have an "heir apparent" for doing Slant 6 heads. I will do some asking around, however, as I may have a lead on a shop out west that has done a few.

Best,
Lou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 am 

Mike's flow bench and book of secrets came back with us. They will be residing in Indianapolis.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:33 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
Indy Cylinder Heads alloy version by summer..CNC ported ,,,$750.00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:35 am 

Car Model:
Good to know about the hardware and software from Mike... I'm sure John and you and I will be discussing those over time.

Lou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
sandy in BC wrote:
Indy Cylinder Heads alloy version by summer..CNC ported ,,,$750.00

You wudn't s'posed ta tell! Not yet anyway... :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:24 am 

Dart270 wrote:
Good to know about the hardware and software from Mike... I'm sure John and you and I will be discussing those over time.

Lou

I told John he was going to make a million dollars doing Slant heads. Mike said "Only if he starts with 2 million". :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am also trying to convince John he needs a CNC machine to do billet heads. That's a guaranteed million dollar business too. :twisted:

John also brought home the templates and tools for crank scrapers. Another million there. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:28 am 

B Body Bill wrote:
P.S. You really don't how close I was to getting that head. My timing was impeccable. I caught everyone off gaurd but he really wanted it to go to someone in the "community". Good luck with it. I hope to someday come to one of your events with both of my cars and my two sons and share in the festivities with you fine hardcore slant 6 gentlemen. Any help with getting my head done at a fair price is really appreciated.

I did not get the head, it went to someone way more serious about this than I am.

As far as duplicating one, all Mike's machinery and tooling he had left have been brought back to Indianapolis. I'm not sure John is interested in doing many heads, but that is up to him. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:09 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Could this really be true? An indy alloy cnc-ported head for our beloved slant 6 Motors? This is incredible! At a price tag of $750? That is also incredible! Thank you for the information Sandy. I will do nothing until I hear back about these heads. Thank you for the heads up. My pleasure Lou. I thought you guys would appreciate the story. I apologize for not being more present on the site. You guys really are hardcore and consistent and show up here and it's nice to see. I made the full commitment to do these slant cars up. I was on the fence with how far I was willing to go. One of them almost ended up with a great big tunnel ram dual quad sticking out of the hood. I still would like that but not with these cars.

1966 Plymouth Belvedere II 2dr hdtp

Both slant 6 cars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
B Body Bill wrote:
Could this really be true? An indy alloy cnc-ported head for our beloved slant 6 Motors?.

Hey Bill,

That was posted with great sarcasm. There has been a looooong running joke about aluminum heads. There is no plan for any Indy Cylinder head for the Slant 6. Sorry. :(

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:03 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYcopzJ-T9w

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 545 Next