Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:49 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model: 1964 Valiant
yostermercury wrote:
Soon we will be packaging EFI kits (computer included) to help take the guessing work out of it for some new comers.
What EFI system are you considering?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:56 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Any timeline on when these will be for sale?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model: 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger
Tim Keith wrote:
yostermercury wrote:
Soon we will be packaging EFI kits (computer included) to help take the guessing work out of it for some new comers.
What EFI system are you considering?

We will be using the Megasquirt system allowing for a simple electronic distributor with locked timing to be used (lean burn being one of the easiest to find).

saskatchewan wrote:
Any timeline on when these will be for sale?

The Mark II is on sale now and the Mark II-R has 3-4 week wait. Just tell us you want one and we will put you in line. You won't pay until the product is ready to be shipped and if you decide against it at that point no worries.

You can PM me here, or you can contact us at http://www.gilllwelding.com
Remember to mention slantsix.org membership and your username, so that you can receive your discount. This discount is combinable with most other sales and promotions.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:40 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Thanks for the update.

What do you recommend for a throttle body, injectors and computer?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:16 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model: 1964 Valiant
it looks great. I'd like to see a few of these in use. I'm sure its better performing
than stock carbs, but does it work well on a stock motor that has raised compression
and Dutra Duals?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:46 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
He has rebuilt Jeep TBs on the for sale page. I would go for something like 24 lb/hr injectors on a mild/medium 225. There are a million ECUs/computers out there. Many of us on this site are running Megasquirt systems (msefi.com and diyautotune.com).

Lou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:46 am 
3 Deuce Weber

saskatchewan wrote:
Thanks for the update.

What do you recommend for a throttle body, injectors and computer?

Dart270's recommendation is perfect. We offer jeep throttle bodies that have been over bored to 62mm with other flow mods done.
Lab Rat (Our 1973 test project) has a factory Jeep 4.0L 55mm throttle body. The package we put together makes use of a Megasquirt II 3.57 and has direct coil driving Mod performed. A 24 Lb/Hr injector will work excellent. Here are two places to help you calculate injector size: https://www.deatschwerks.com/fuel-calculators https://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php
We recommend the Megasquirt due to its massive popularity among slant six enthusiasts and its fantastic technical support.

Tim Keith wrote:
it looks great. I'd like to see a few of these in use. I'm sure its better performing
than stock carbs, but does it work well on a stock motor that has raised compression
and Dutra Duals?

Our current project (Lab Rat) has a shaved head (roughly 9.0:1 Compression) and 2.5" exhaust. (The blog on Lab Rat hasn't been updated to show these changes) We are currently running the stock exhaust manifold. It runs amazingly well. Previously the car had both a single barrel and a two barrel Holley 500. Our manifold with fuel injection made an amazing difference. The manifold can support up to a 70mm throttle body. The manifold will support a lot more hp than a stock manifold, especially if turboed. The Mark II has compactness in mind allowing for many factory accessories. The Mark II-R is designed with more high performance in mind. Both the Mark II and Mark II-R weigh under 13 Lbs with packaging.

For anybody ordering from here be sure to PM me or Contact us at http://www.gillwelding.com make sure I know your user name and I'll give you a members discount. (This can be applied with most sales and promotions). We can also order other parts from diyautotune, 14point7 and Torqstorm, not just our prepackaged Kit. Your member's discount will apply.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:09 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Thanks for Sharing that Yost.

I have Been Running a 4.0 Jeep TB with Megasquirt Conversion on my 79 Volare for 10 years now.
It has a clifford manifold with a custom intake tube before the 4 barrel adapter plate.

I would be interested in trying the overbored 4.0 Jeep TB someday to see if there are gains to be had.

I believe I am Running 34#/Hr Injectors which are waay more than adequate and could be an okay choice if going from NA to Boost in the future.
Other than the Megasquirt and More compression and headwork and larger valves the shortblock is stock with stock 1979 cam.

Cheers and Thanks for the updates!

Greg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:51 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Just an update on this, I've attached some images of a finished Mark II-R the throttle body mount is changed from the earlier CNC drawing to allow for exhuast clearence. This one is in route to moparfrank.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:36 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Beautiful craftsmanship!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:58 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
It looks amazing!! Do you have any videos of it on working vehicles? Also, an installation video (setting up Megasquirt) would be great!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Rick Covalt wrote:
Beautiful craftsmanship!!

Thanks Rick we appreciate that.

saskatchewan wrote:
It looks amazing!! Do you have any videos of it on working vehicles? Also, an installation video (setting up Megasquirt) would be great!

We don't have any videos of this manifold since we just started selling them. The owners haven't had a chance to put it on their vehicle. We have a startup video on our website of the Mark II not the R. http://www.gillwelding.com Look under the blog section for Lab Rat. We are hoping to get more customer videos soon as they get things together. As for the Megasquirt information It's hard to give a good video due to so many personal choices and variations. That being said we have a general EFI pdf that can act as a loose checklist. I am more than willing at answer as many questions as I can. Just shoot me an email at contact@gillwelding.com That goes for anyone that has any questions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Nice - We are having a banquet this weekend in southern PA.

Next year its scheduled to be back in The Knox / Sevier County area - would love to see you guys there with some parts!

Thanks again!

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:06 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Greg Ondayko wrote:
Nice - We are having a banquet this weekend in southern PA.

Next year its scheduled to be back in The Knox / Sevier County area - would love to see you guys there with some parts!

Thanks again!

Greg

Thanks for the feed back. We wanted to go this year, but time slipped by and we made a few prior commitments. We will definitely be at the next one. Lab Rat should be turboed by then. We will try to have both manifolds, a couple fuel rail and bung kits, and if it works out our in the works SS turbo header. Is there a news letter we can sign up for to get reminders?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:53 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
No newsletter.

Keep an eye on the events calendar section of the forum.

Greg