Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?

And now the Professor will begin class.

:mrgreen:

CJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:50 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
I see in #6 my solar energy collector is showing.... :shock:

For those looking at manual trannies and clutches, here's a good reference photo set for you to look at...

#1)Backside L to R... 3 speed *only* bellhousing with small Bearing Retainer hole... note the pattern... Middle is the A-833OD bellhousing that's drilled for both 3spd and 4 spd tranny patterns... Right is the 'early' 11" clutch low starter Bellhousing, the NP435 uses the same BR size of 5.125" as the A-833OD (the bell weighs a ton)...

#2)The early 11" bell has the 'lips' since the tranny is not supported from the rear, the lips have another set of 'sandwich' mounts to supprt the bell... also these early versions used a hydraulic clutch setup... with an early single pot master cylinder hooked to the clutch pedal and the actuator on the passenger side of the bell...

The later versions (70's) have the 'fork' like the regular bells, and would make a better/lighter donor than the 'incredible' bulk seen here...

#3)The face is closed in, on the early ones, like the A-727/slant tranny adaptors, even though much of that metal isn't used for much... the late versions with the regular 'fork' style only have enough 'lip' to mate to the slant block, and are a bit lighter... some of the late 70's versions I have seen have the provision for the A-833OD pattern...

#4)High Starter A-833OD bell housing comparing it to the other two bells, you can tell there's enough room for the 10" clutch , but not the 11"...

#5)A-230/any 3 spd bellhousing... these can be otioned for the 10" clutch in certain instances, but I'd be a bit scared since the 9.25" clutch assembly pretty well fills up the bellhousing... any thing out of tolerance will denfinately let you know when it contacts the walls...

#6) Full front comparison, with my 'lab assistant' Didiot Jr. and "R2D2" the shop vac in the rear...

Good luck! Swapping and id'ing parts in the junkyard... a little knowledge and some pictures, really DO go a long way when you are thinking about these changes...

-D.Idiot

Oh yeah... the "quick draw" photographer award goes to CJ who always seems to have that HP camera out just at the right time.... :lol: