Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:27 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Its automatic. Thanxs for info guys. Learning more n more everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:00 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
8) Here some more pix as promised.
Dirty Engine Bay
I thought this nameplate was cool.
Dirty Interior

Being a young buck, Ill have spring break off and plan to clean it and try to get it runnin a better.

The engine needs to warm for at least 15 minutes, when u put n gear and press gas it dies, almost like its flooded out . Some things that are planned for engine Carburetor kit rebuild, new plugs and points.
Also this car doesn't get DD so I have fuel stabilizer in gas, due to the fact I cant always drive it. Would this be the problem? Also the lack of power steering and relatively weak breaks compared to my other car is something I'm getting used too. Any old school gear heads got any tips or tricks they will be greatly appreciated. :cry: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:38 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
That's a well-equipped car, there. Air conditioning, disc brakes, remote control sideview mirrors, etc. Take a look at the inner fender (under the hood) on the driver's side, and you'll find a metal tag about 2" by 3", stamped with a bunch of letters and numbers. Post a good, clear, close-up, sharp photo of that tag (or copy down the stampings carefully and post them here exactly as they appear on the tag) and we can give you much more info on where and when the car was built, and with what equipment.

Those brakes should not be "weak". The pedal will be harder to push than you are probably used to, because this car does not have power-assisted brakes. But you should not have to stand on the brake pedal to stop the car; if you must, there's something the matter (quite likely some seized pistons in the front disc brakes, particularly if the car's been sitting a long time, as sounds like the case).

Cold-start issue is carburetor, choke, and/or tune-up related. Carb kit info provided in your other thread. Choke adjustment info is here. Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this thread. Your engine requires periodic valve adjustment. Be sure and get these three books as quickly as you can.

Quote:
Im probaly gonna remove bulbs and other rare parts and package them so they dont get damaged.

Don't get this obsessive about it. The only cars on which it matters that the headlamps and turn signal bulbs are factory production items are the multimillion-dollar trailer queens. Your car will never be one of those, nor should it be. Think very carefully before you make any modifications that would be difficult or costly to reverse, but don't fret about installing new turn signal bulbs or headlamps, fan belts, hoses, or whatver. Drive and enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:49 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Thanx for postive comments and advice. more pixs soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:58 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
UUZ with words door and still also on tag repeated in colums

Also on a side note need new negative battery wire ground its haggred.

My camera decied to die on me, Ill post more pics this afternoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:31 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1965 Dart 270 w/ 66 Valiant front clip
Nice twister! I have a '71 twister myself. It' still has it's original 318 in it, formerly a 3speed in the floor. Now has a 4 speed. Mine came in the GA4
winchester grey with the black stripes. Other than the twister package, it has no options(unless you count the am radio and heater). Manual steering, manual brakes.

The twister package was made from '71-73. 1971 twister's have the much coveted 340 grille in them. Some canadian twisters (very few) even came with a 340. On the fender tag the twister package is denoted as A51.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I finally got the duster on the road yesterday and it was awesome. I had a bad thermostat i had to replace it idled way smoother. The downside:( there is a crack on exhaust manifold and some carb adjusting to do. :D it dies out when it comes to a sudden stop or makes a hard turn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:55 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
So im in the process of removing intake/exhaust manifolds any tips or trix from oldschooler's? Ive been soaking them with break lose and Im having a hard time removing the lower bolts they feel kinda weak, Ive just been going really slow and taking my time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:52 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
just spent a lil time on the duster gettin back on the road woot woot :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:16 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
hurry up ups/fed ex guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
i got a text message from my friend i open its a s/6 plymputh valient at the local pick in pull. Nice intake/exhaust manifolds, a new shocks, air cleaner, winshield cleaner box,valve cover . Its a lil cold here in tx but im excited. 2011 year of the duster :D. I finally organized all of my photobucket photo's and broke all my links. So i fixed a few.