Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model: 75 Dart SE (2),75 Swinger, 74 Dart Sport,91 Ram RV
Good photos, thanks for the visuals. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:08 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Diggin the '68 GTS Front Clip..

Did that come from your donor car that you were parting Reed?

Greg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:46 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Thanks Greg! The story behind the front clip is that years ago my brother had a very nice 68 Dart sedan that he and I upgraded with everything but AC and a Super Six. We even got the factory electric grid heated rear windowdefog/defrost system out of a 74 Dart sedan from New York swapped in and working. But life got in the way and he had to sell it and he has missed it ever since.

My brother decided he wanted a project car and he always like the front end of the 68 Darts and the body of the Demons and Dusters, so we decided to put them together. All sheetmetal parts bolted together and all the body lines matched up perfect.

The hood is from a 67 Dart, the fenders are from a genuine 68 Dart GTS. I bought those separate from the 68 Dart I parted out a couple years ago. The body is 74 Duster, the taillight panel is a reproduction Demon taillight panel. I still have an extra pair of 67 Dart frotn fenders and the dog legs to repair the normal rust out that happens behind the front tires.

UPDATE ON THE K FRAME SWAP-

We got the original K frame off today. Those four bolts were tight! Our intent was to swap the original K frame for the k frame out of a 68 Dart I parted out. THe 68 Dart had a 73-76 spool mount K frame that I think has been reworked by Firm Feel. It has extra welding, the skid plate, the lower control arms have the reinforcing plates on the bottom, and it has the thicker C body tie rod connectors.

All was going well until we jacked the "new" K frame up to the frame rails. The driver's side bolt holes line up fine, but the passenger side holes don't. The 68 Dart was in a bad front end collision and it looks like the front passenger K frame mount hole was bent inwards about 3/4 of an inch and the rear hole is about 1/8 of an inch off - just enough make the bolt not go in.

Fortunately, I live in the same State as Firm Feel, and their shop is about an hour's drive from me. I have contacted them in hopes that they will agree to clean, inspect, and straighten the K frame. That would be awesome.

In the meantime, I guess it is now time to strip down the engine compartment in the Duster and get it prepped for painting.

Come February, this Duster will have lived in my garage for nine years. I really want to get it done and out of my garage and move on to other projects....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm 
Supercharged

BIG UPDATE!

The Duster is FOR SALE!

My brother has reluctantly decided that the Duster is impractical for him. He wants to sell it and move on to other projects. Those of you who remember the pictures that were in this thread will know what this car looks like. Since Photobucket went all greedy I haven't yet found a new host for pictures. I can email pictures on request and provide more info. I will be posting an ad in the For Sale section shortly.

Someone is going to get a smoking deal on this car. We have easily spent over $5k on parts and labor and repairs. Asking price will likely be $3k or less, depending on the deal that is worked out. Anyway, stay tuned in the for sale section.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: '63 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
Reed wrote:
... I haven't yet found a new host for pictures.

You can now post the pictures here using the "Upload attachment" section. I would appreciate it if you "compress" the pictures down to a size for use with the web (about 60kb each), or send them to me in a PM and I'll compress them for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 am 
Supercharged

Really? Cool! Thanks Chuck! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: '63 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
Reed wrote:
Really? Cool! Thanks Chuck! :D

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am 
Supercharged

Well,the Duster is gone. Kesteb came down and bought my brother's 74 Duster project. It is going to a good home to people who will appreciate it and take the project to the finish line. Good luck with it Kesteb!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:00 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Fantastic. Glad that a long time board member can enjoy the car.

Slant on,

Lou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:45 pm 
Supercharged

I'm glad too. nice people who will take care of it. Now I can focus on my 76 D100 boosted/injected slant project!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:39 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Kev laid awake half the night making plans for what he wants to do with it ;) I can't wait for it to be done so I can race it!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 am 
Supercharged

Yay! Glad to hear it. Feel free to ask any questions. If I find any more parts that I forgot to give you I will send them to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
We'll keep you posted ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:32 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well the decision has be made to race this Duster at the upcoming Vegas event in April.. Second time Kev has raced a car that was mine before me.. It's all good though.. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:40 pm 
Supercharged

Pictures and video or it never happened!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next