Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:29 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model: 1981 B-150 original California short passenger Van
The current most pressing issue on Vanglorious (details in signature line) is a leaking radiator. The vehicle’s been sitting far too long and the coolant & transmission fluid haven’t been changed in far too long (medical problems can be like that).

Can anyone recommend a good (honest, good work, fair prices) radiator shop in the San Gabriel Valley/Los Angeles area?

In 2000 i pulled the radiator and took it to Del Mar Auto (very close to me, very good reviews on Yelp). Wasn’t impressed with how they bent the petcock and how after 3 days the paint still hadn’t dried.

In a private message, ValiantBoyWonder recommended Pacific Radiator, which he thought was in El Monte. I’m finding a Pacific Radiator in Glendale, with mixed Yelp reviews, and Pacific Best Inc. (PBI) in El Monte, which sells but does not appear to test/service radiators. I PMed VBW back for clarification; no response so far (maybe ’cause i mentioned i’d be posting here to the whole group).

Planning to pull the radiator again. Hoping to get it repaired, pressure tested, and hopefully ensure there’s no pinhole leak in the transmission cooler or anything like that to make life all too exciting.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

))Sonic((

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:38 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model: Toad Wagon
I've used Pacific (Glendale) for the last 11 years, for both engines in our Rose Parade float, my daily driver Toad, my Dodge 3/4 ton, and a few of my friends that wanted a reference. So far, so good (and they've always been willing to work with me on my weird off-the-wall installations).

I know it's only subjective, but I lik'em.