Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:31 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Ssg Pohlman wrote:
It also mentions an A500 pan which is deeper

See here for P/Ns and info on the newer pan and (especially) pan gasket.

Are you planning to use the wide-ratio ('88) or narrow-ratio ('75) planetary set? Whichever you pick, keep in mind the governor assembly needs to match it or you'll run into shift vs. road speed problems -- for example, no 1-2 upshift under full-throttle acceleration.

This is a keen writeup -- I'm following along with great interest!

Last edited by SlantSixDan on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Updated w governors, kickdown band strut and screens vs filters. Other small changes.

225, Offenhauser, Holley 350, A833OD, 3:55, GM HEI,99 Durango starter
BOOSTED! WH1C, BIG FMIC, 10#
Operation Noble Eagle 03-05
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07
Operation Enduring Freedom 12- 13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:32 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
so the images are not loading and I found out why. From image shack:

"Any free accounts (non-premium) will no longer deliver images to any sites, blogs or forums. This change will be implemented by November 1st, 2015. If you have a free account, have images that are linked to any sites, blogs or forums and want to continue to have images delivered to those pages, please convert to premium* account here: https://imageshack.us/upgrade, for only $3.99/mo, you will continue to have unlimited storage and unlimited delivery of your images."

So Ill have to find another way to get the photos to load. Ill see if I can add a direct link for now so that at least the photos can be seen even if they are not in the right order.

LINK ADDED ON FIRST PAGE FOR ALL IMAGES. ILL WORK ON IT MORE ONCE IM NOT AT WORK LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:04 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Great write up! My only experience with automatic transmissions is limited to a Powerglide and a Ford C5 (essentially a C4 with lockup). Never opened up a Mopar transmission (never had problems) but I'm reading closely and filing it into my "someday" part of my brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:35 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
Ssg Pohlman wrote:
so the images are not loading and I found out why. From image shack:

"Any free accounts (non-premium) will no longer deliver images to any sites, blogs or forums. This change will be implemented by November 1st, 2015. If you have a free account, have images that are linked to any sites, blogs or forums and want to continue to have images delivered to those pages, please convert to premium* account here: https://imageshack.us/upgrade, for only $3.99/mo, you will continue to have unlimited storage and unlimited delivery of your images."

So Ill have to find another way to get the photos to load. Ill see if I can add a direct link for now so that at least the photos can be seen even if they are not in the right order.

LINK ADDED ON FIRST PAGE FOR ALL IMAGES. ILL WORK ON IT MORE ONCE IM NOT AT WORK LOL

Seems rather stupid on their part........

People aren't going to pay. They will move somewhere else, and they'll lose the advertising money they're getting.

Move them to photobucket.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:14 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Nice write up so far. One thing on the kickdown strut. You might want to test the OE strut with a file to see if it is hardened or not. Mild steel flat stock might not be good enough for this purpose.

Another thing is I've never seen a problem with the kickdown strut on a street 904. The low/reverse strut is a different story, as that servo gets hit with much higher line pressure (250+ psi) in reverse. (I've replaced a few snapped L/R struts "back in the day", common problem if the engine speeds are too high when shifting to reverse).

Post subject: Back from the dead!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:42 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well not quite but close.
Started in the faq section and didnt see anything so had to "dig" this back up. I still run my slant at 10# of boost and pulling my 15' polaris rzr (what seems to take up a chunk of my time lately) through an 833OD. Well now it seems the clutch is getting weak and Ive still not installed my v8 guts slant 904 trans. So I figure as soon as warmer weather shows up and I find a place to make the swap (subdivisions selling houses w "2car garage" is a bunch of Bs) then Ill have to make it happen bc Im tired of shifting out of boost. Its been a blast to put people to shame. Anything from corvette zo6 to diesel guys w mommy and daddys money, I chase them all down w my $2500 sleeper. So soon there will be more as to whats good, bad, and potentially ugly on the trans. As for the pictures, I will have to log in from my desktop to see if I can pull them down from image shack and then repost/relink them.

This "may" be moved to an faq or sticky? It contains good links, details, and covers some things that Ive read in recent posts like the band widths.

More to come, keep'em in line!