Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: My lil D-100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:13 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Here are some pics of my truck in order of when taken....
Image Got to love those stock hubcaps

Post subject: When I r
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Image Motor drop in....
Image I know I will get some comments on this pic. Yes that is chevy orange for the header paint. Its all I had at the time. And yes that is a custom exhaust flange. Again I was broke, unemployed, and had to make due. The funny thing is that I ran it open header like that for about three months and never got a ticket....
Image The NP-235 transmission I had in it at the time after a fresh rebuild and some paint.
Image What it looks like when I work on a rig....

Post subject: And some new tires.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:28 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:

Post subject: Other stuff....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Unfortunately all my performance upgrades I have done (intake/exhaust, ignition, corroborator, ect.) never got pictures taken at the time of the install. I'm always to focused on getting the job done to stop and take a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:53 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
nice truck,, well worth the effort,,

never driven a Np235,, do you tend to move away from a stop in second? ,, I heard that first is quite low.

or am I thinking of a Np435??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:11 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
DadTruck wrote:
nice truck,, well worth the effort,,

never driven a Np235,, do you tend to move away from a stop in second? ,, I heard that first is quite low.

or am I thinking of a Np435??

You know..... You're right its 435 not 235 derp. :roll:
But yeah 1st gear is only for parking and blowing up motors. Yes even the 225 if you can believe it. The gear ratio was 4.35 for the 1st gear, 2.28 for 2ed, 1.31 for 3rd, and 1.00 for 4th. It was fun for drag racing though. I could spin the tires in 2ed gear when i shifted. Also these were bullet proof. I've seen more motors and axles blow before these trannys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:21 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Nice looking truck! Looks like the paint will buff out nice.

Post subject: Break in.....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:41 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
For those interested I found the video of my motor first firing after the rebuild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNN8RMb6vlg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:45 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Did the chevy orange stay on the exhaust? It looked a lot shinier than regular exhaust paint. And don't worry about the exhaust flange - it looks legit. My whole turbo setup I built in the driveway on my slant with limited funds. It's very similar.

Also the orange and blue go together fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:25 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Serj22 wrote:
Did the chevy orange stay on the exhaust? It looked a lot shinier than regular exhaust paint. And don't worry about the exhaust flange - it looks legit. My whole turbo setup I built in the driveway on my slant with limited funds. It's very similar.

Also the orange and blue go together fine.

Well it dident last long. It got so hot that it burned off in a few months and by that time I was working and saving for the headers I have now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:50 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Making her work...... hardly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:41 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I love old Dodge trucks (any old truck actually). Did you make any other changes to the engine when you put the headers on it?

Post subject: An up date
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:45 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well this weekend dident go as planed but it wasent a total loss. I did get the wide band O2 kit and installed it. It works really well. ( I will post pics latter ) But I dident get to race this weekend.... I had to much to do and then the heat came on. So I got to put in three air conditioners in the middle of the day. O JOY. It would of only been two but mine craped out and my mom gave hers to my brother, who is so dumb he couldent put it in. :roll: So I bought one for her and myself.

Anyways back to the sensor. I was running to rich at cruse ( 18 A/F ) so I tore apart the carb, changed a jet and the metering rods. Then it was to lean. ( 10 A/F ) This was two stages down from my first setting. So I went one up by changing the metering rods, and bingo. At idle its dead on at 14.3. Cruseing at 70MPH its at 13 until I climb a hill. I dont move the throttle but it gos rich to 11.5-12. My speed dosent change but the RPMs drop from 2500 to 2000. I think this is normal for a carb but I dont really know.
Now here is the scary part. I tend to use the engine to help slow the truck down. ( I do use my brakes mainly not the motor) But when I come off the free way and I down shift from 4th to 3rd I get some poping from the exhaust and the gauge reads 20-21 LEAN! This is just for a moment and then it gos to 15-13. Is this normal? Could I burn/damage a valve doing this? Do I need to adjust the valves or timing to help this?
The timing is at 10Deg. and vacuum is at 18Hg at idle. Idle speed is 500. Other than that the motor is running great and I think the kit was worth the $160.00. I will try to get some pics up and maby a video.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:13 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Ok time for videos. I had to make a run up to Olympia today and there are some good straight flat spots for seeing the A/F mix. This first video is of me at cruse. (70MPH) Then almost half throttle and then you can see me punch it to the floor at the gauge gos lean for a sec (15.5) then rich, (8.0) leveling to (12).
http://youtu.be/i6dZEndGcb4

This second video is like the first but I was slower in the throttle change. Again going to almost half throttle then to full.
http://youtu.be/j-Bo1z8gRVI

The third video is of me coming home on the back roads in third gear doing 50MPH.
http://youtu.be/XJ4pF-jCUiU

This last video is the motor at idle... well kinda. I need to adjust the return spring to work with the pedal better. Its tends to idle a little high when I come to a stop. It also shows were I put the O2 sensor. I chose that spot for ease of access. I realized latter im only reading the front three cylinders. :roll: But my exhaust has no spot where it joins the pipes together.
http://youtu.be/YjEahYUgfW0

Post subject: Rims
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:45 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
I just got a 78 D150 and I'm wondering what kind of rims those are that you put on.