Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model: 75 Dart SE (2),75 Swinger, 74 Dart Sport,91 Ram RV
Did you notice any differences in driver position with those Stratus seats? Higher, lower, angles, fore-aft, etc? What difficulties did you find in bolting the rails to the floor pans? Just curious, as your experience could be an alternate to our Camaro efforts. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:44 am 
Contributor

Car Model: 1964 Valiant convertible 225 automatic
This is the best view I have of Sebring seats transplanted in other models, but it shows simple L-shaped brackets that do the job. http://56plymouth.blogspot.com/

These are going in my '56 Plymouth that is still under construction. To get the seat to the same height as the OEM bench, I had to custom cut and weld brackets. I have the same setup in my '64 Valiant, but used standard angle iron I got from Lowes.

Having trouble adding photos from my computer again, so I linked to my blog entry. I apologize for linking to non-slant car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
RE: non-stock seats affecting sitting height

In my brother's 74 Duster the Sebring driver's seat has been mounted using homemade brackets. I now can barely fit in the seat without my head touching the ceiling, and it doesn't have a headliner yet. My brother is about 4 inches shorter than me and he thinks the sitting position is perfect. If it were me, I would re-engineer the brackets we came up with so the seat was lower.

A-bodies are not tall cars. Be careful when making the mounting brackets. Try and get the seats powered so you can adjust them as tall as they go before constructing the brackets.