Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index
Home Slant Six Forum,  Forum Index Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search

This forum is now closed.
All data from 8/29/17 to 11/14/17 was lost (Sorry!).
The new forum is here.

'73 Dart Slant Six Fuel Gauge

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Parts Wanted
Select message display options:             View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreybeardGunner
TBI Slant 6

Post subject: '73 Dart Slant Six Fuel Gauge (Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:26 pm) Reply with quote

Hey Everyone:

Trying to track down an erratic gauge problem. I have the correct tank and the correct sending unit, but the fuel gauge reads full for about ten miles, then drops quickly to empty. However, there's still lots of fuel in the tank!! I am looking for a good used fuel gauge to swap out with the one currently in the car. I am hoping this will solve the issue. If you have spare, please let me know.

1973 Dodge Dart 225 Slant Six

Cheers,
Shawn

earlyvalerie
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Post subject: (Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:43 am) Reply with quote

It can be very easy to puncture the brass float when transferring it from an old sending unit to a new one. So if you've changed out your sender float I'd recheck that. To test your gauge remove the sender wire from the tank sender and put it to ground. turn key on - dash gauge should immediately go to full and stay. If it does dash gauge is good. If it doesn't either gauge is bad or wire to gauge is bad. I have a good gauge if needed.

Select message display options:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Slant Six Forum, Forum Index -> Parts Wanted All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: