Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:54 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
Doug, we were referred to you by Stu Harmon of Mid Peninsula Mopar Club.

My neighbor has an original 1968 Barracuda with a slant 6 (actually he has TWO of them!) and he is trying to find a second location on the body or engine that would verify the VIN. Some vandals pried off the driver dash plate, and the fender plate does not match an original-looking "packing slip" under the rear passenger seat.

I have heard that there might also be a stamp on the body either behind or under the rear bumper and/or under or behind the hood seals, near the firewall. I have also heard perhaps the engine block or under the manifold, and there might be another spot.

The car has not been registered in 24 years, and after 5 years without a non-op, DMV purges it from their system.

It needs to have VIN confirmed but still might have to be issued new plates, making him sad not to get to use his original black and gold 6 digit license plates. He is still looking for the pink slip and bill of sale from the original owner he bought it from back in 1972.

Also, anyone know of a group/club/tv show that might be interested in helping restore these both and display them as an optical illusion "mirror-like" view of one (yet actually two upon closer inspection...).

They are identical except for the gold one has auto and bench seat while the blue one has "three on the tree" or column shift and bucket seats.

Thank you for your help and any feedback on this. The local yokels are putting a 2 week tow-away time frame any day now, but after the city of Sunnyvale, where we both live, and the two cars are located in the backyard of an historic property that once graced the cover of the Mercury News in 1930 showing off "the Easter Gables neighborhood NEAR the town of Sunnyvale", where chickens were raised for eggs and food and fruit was canned in the long sheds behind the ornamental homes) - after the city screwed up by illegally towing the car away without notice while he was complying, towing it with only one wheel attached at the time (he was trying to find original wheels with that weird 5-lug pattern), I forced the city to return the car back to the yard at their expense. As you can imagine, they sure didn't like that much, any more than admitting that they screwed the pooch.

Who says you can't beat city hall...?
Certainly not me... now to get rid of the latest speed trap on Wolfe Avenue near Homestead, but that's another story...

Thank you again for any feedback you can give us.

Mark markdd21@att.net 408.595.2957 :roll: