Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Super Six parts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:20 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: D150
Anyone know the best pick your own junk yards for parts? Looking for Super Six parts.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Super Six parts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:23 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
That depends on where you are located. As much as if not more so than the weather. I find myself in extreme southern Illinois at the moment, it isn't why I came down here as much as a "while I am here" sort of thing, I have been looking for junkyards in the area and striking out, as in very few and far between, I see a cluster of them near Evansville Indiana and another in Paducah KY, via my phone, I roughly the same distance between either.
Among other things to do, I'm looking for stuff for a 72 fury wagon and an 80 Dodge stepside-- this one is slant powered--- most I have found have a ton of gm stuff. And some let me roam others not but soon as I mention"Dodge" It's "sorry don't have anything"
We had to go to cape Girardeau MO yesterday for a wake and funeral for my wife's last aunt. That's done now, so today and tomorrow I am going junking that's probably what you are going to have to do where ever you are.

Post subject: Re: Super Six parts
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:02 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Quote:
Looking for Super Six parts.

Remember the last slant powered vehicle was produced over 30 years ago..
When a slant powered truck shows up in a salvage yard it is somewhat of a random event.
like someone is clearing out an abandoned garage or an estate. Having an A body show up in a
pull a part is even more rare.

The Pull a Parts around here do have a vehicle arrival notification where you can let them know what vehicle you are interested in and when they get one in they will text or e mail you, check to see if your local pull a parts do that.

Another option is Wildcat Wrecking,, they are a dedicated mopar salvage yard.
http://www.car-part.com is a nation wide salvage yard search engine that may help you locate one, I don't know if it drills down to a specific kind of intake manifold

Another option is to modify a slant one bbl intake to accept a two bbl carb. There are posting here on .org and across the internet where folks have done that.
The light weight cast aluminum one bbl intakes are excellent candidates for upgrading to a two bbl.