Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Perhaps Mopar5151 can communicate some of the concerns we have to Clifford. It would be great if we could impart some of our knowledge, and address some of those aforementioned concerns.

If you would be interested in doing so, PM me. I can provide you with some of those concerns offline. There have been some engine damage issues that have occured due to a misunderstanding of valve train requirements for the Slant Six. I've tried to communicate them to Larry, but apparently the information wasn't clearly understood.

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
I didn't mean to stir up a hornets net. I just mentioned to Larry that the lady that answered the phone was very polite and he told me that it was Jack Cliffords daughter. By the way Vynn3 I am kind of a weirdo. I didn't notice that the post was 4 years old, I just wanted to share my experiance with Cliffords with you. By the way slant 6 Dan I have a 66 Charger 489 stroker, a 69 Cuda with a 360 magnum, with a magnum force front end, I also have a 65 Belevedere, and what I am working on now is a 62 Dodge Lancer. I have built big blocks and small blocks, now I am doing the slant 6.. I did question the oiling system with him. The engine I am putting in has hydraulic lifters, he told me to just put the adjustable rocker arms on, the the hydraulic lifter oiling system is different than the solids, and the rockers are different between the two. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that the adjustable lifters will work on a hydraulic lifter engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:34 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
mopar5151 wrote:
The engine I am putting in has hydraulic lifters, he told me to just put the adjustable rocker arms on

And there you have a perfect example of the bad/dumb/ignorant advice Clifford gives to people who don't know any better than to follow it (and give him their credit card number).

Quote:
the the hydraulic lifter oiling system is different than the solids, and the rockers are different between the two. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that the adjustable lifters will work on a hydraulic lifter engine.

You're right. You can change an engine from solid to hydraulic or vice versa, but you cannot mix and match pieces and parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
There is a WEALTH of information here regarding all things slant six. I think that almost all of the top slant six experts in the world view and post here, so try to take advantage of it.

I think information tends to be more trustworthy... when the answers aren't tied to my credit card or bank account... ;)

Best of luck, and let us know if we can help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
There is no provision to feed oil to the lifters through the block. The lifters get oil from the correct hydraulic rocker shaft, with the correct rear bolt holding it in place, through the correct Hydraulic rockers, and down through the hollow Hydraulic pushrods.

I've told him how this works twice, but he either doesn't get it, or doesn't care.

He needs to care enough to get it. Running hydaulic lifters with a mechanical valve train destroys parts very quickly.

CJ

Last edited by ceej on Wed May 16, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Great to me
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:59 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Back in the day when jack was around. He personal sat down with for my English research paper for high school. When is son jay was around it went to hell but Larry is great to me he has sent me free gasket an d thing that I have needed. I understand the issues with shipping but I have never had to deal with that I lived 20 miles from there old shop in corona

clifford headers
8 3/4 355's lsd
kh brakes
electronic ing