Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:13 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I have two: http://www.banddauto.com a wrecking yard in oakville;

PCK Electric, formerly Black Brothers Auto Electric in Hamilton, phone Paul at: 289/256/1331 or 905/929/2544.

B & D auto wreckers have been a huge help to me in the past, and i can personally vouch for everyone on their team. they are a modern yard with a sympathy for old iron, and have several interesting vehicles for sale out front and for parts out back. dave is the owner, tim is the counter man, and darcy is the loader operator. if you come in there looking for old iron, are polite humble and hard-working, hint that youre hard-up but dont dicker on prices, you will be treated like royalty.

i just negotiated a deal on a cab for a jeep YJ and was permitted to pull it off the wreck myself. they set me up in a secluded area of the yard complete with power hookups and an air line. darcy even set it on stands for me and let me continue to work up to a half-hour after closing. i was stunned at the price i was able to negotiate, as i have been several times before on other projects i have worked on. come down, visit or call often, if a slant car shows up there you will walk away happy.

paul at PCK Electric is a former vendor of mine and just recently closed black brothers to open a small shop out of his home. he is relatively young (46) and has electrical diagnosing skills rivalled by very few. if you tell him what you are working on and what it is doing, he will point at the root cause without hesitation. he is also very meticulous and his prices are reasonable. i took him a 38A generator out of a vw bus and asked him to rewrap the field windings to look like factory and he took a week, bought the required materials, and did a beautiful job for less than i could have bought a used gennie for. he is the man to see if you are very particular about having a starter or alternator rebuilt carefully and methodically and once you are a customer, his advice is free of charge. Support paul and his personal integrity by giving him your business, you will not be disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:34 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Thanks for posting these. I've been to B&D, though it's been a couple years. I remember them being friendly and helpful. Good to know about the rotating-electrics guy; I do in fact have a couple of special starter projects coming up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:38 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
tell him dave from ryder sent you.