Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
If you need anything Offy this is the man to see! Dan owns a CarQuest store and has been selling Offy parts for about 15 years. Recently, he has worked with me to set up a valve cover group buy that was successful and provided members with a great price!

Seems that Offy runs in his family. Dan's Grandfather, Ollie Morris, was the head engineer for Offy from 1956 to 1984. Ollie designed both the dual one bbl and single 4 bbl slant six manifolds!

Dan is also a Mopar fan owning a 68 Coronet RT and a 70 Challenger, both 440 cars. Dan, A-Body next?

Dan's list prices seem to be the lowest around. He is an honest, straight-forward guy that was a pleasure to work with. He would be interested in working us with future group buys - not only Offy parts but others parts that slanters might need.

Dan can be reached by phone at 559-592-2707 or check out his website at exeterautosupply.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:14 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Was decorating the man space when I realized I needed a couple more Offy stickers. I also thought wouldn't it be cool if I could get Dan to get me a autographed copy of his his grandads car "The Smokin' White Owl."

Called up Dan and he said he could send me the stickers and a picture but his grandad Ollie had passed away. This was the Offy engineer that designed the slant manifolds.

Dan was good on his word and sent me stickers and two photos. I called to thank him and we spent some time talking about Ollie's car. Ollie first powered this ride with a Ford flattie topped with three deuces in 1954. A year later out came the Ford and in went the first small block Chevy to be raced. Ollie pulled the Chevy and dropped in a Hemi (I feel better already) and took her to Bonneville.

Ollie also raced in the first U.S. Nationals. The Owl made the cover of Hot Rod in Nov. of 54. Ollie was also friends of a guy named Don Garlits 8) and spoke with him quite alot after Don's accident. Yep you guessed Ollie's Owl was a rear engine car.

I have met alot of great people online (and some in person) while dealing with this slant affliction. While Dan is not a slanter -he is a Mopar fan and a great guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:23 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Just ordered from Dan the other day - Offy dual one bbl manifold for Chase's Demon. He cut me a deal and asked about another group buy. So I posted in the engine section if anyone is interested.