Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model: 75 Dart SE (2),75 Swinger, 74 Dart Sport,91 Ram RV
We just had our second car painted by MAACO in Federal Way, Wash., and I'm very pleased with the service and results. Not top show quality, as these are daily drivers, but nicely done. We allowed Chris to be flexible by allowing 3 weeks or more for him to fit each into his schedule, and gave him a paper list of concerns, such as masking door and hood edges, etc. On the first car, a black '74 Scamp, we did all the body work ourselves through the first over-all prime. On the second, our white '91 Dodge RAM250 van, not much body work was needed, so MAACO did all the work. Estimated prices on each were not cheap, but reasonable, and final bills came in close to the estimates. We also requested a couple extra hours be thrown in for unforeseen prep and detail, just to ease stress of running beyond the estimates. I'll plan to be taking our next two project cars to this MAACO again, unless their reviews show a drop in quality. For now I'm happy with their attention to detail and nice quality for our "not quite show" cars. If a $5000 paint job is not in your budget and your brother-in-law doesn't own a body shop, I think you might do well to check in with Chris and his crew at Federal Way. By the way, I found this shop by chatting with an owner of a newly painted car while we were pumping gas side by side at the mini mart. Pat