Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:11 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
I contacted Gerald Wright through the North Georgia Mopar Club. I wanted my slant 6 cylinder head milled and ported with larger valves. He has been very patient and helpful with this novice racer. He has been a wealth of information and really knows his stuff.
He drag races a Valiant with a stroked 360. He modified his flow bench so he could flow a slant 6 head and is now ready to help other slant 6ers with their head flow and porting needs. He gave me the flow chart comparisons for my head and has been very helpful in making recommendations on camshaft, gearing, chassis set up, etc.
I highly recommend Gerald. He is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and very easy to work with!

Gerald does all sorts of work and has 20+ years of experience both building and racing Mopars (he works on other makes as well).

The Wright Performance
(770) 345-5281
Ball Ground, GA
geraldrwright@comcast.net

Automatic transmissions
Rear ends
Engines
Head Porting
Chassis Work
For Bracket Race, Muscle Car, Street Rods

Give him a call or shoot him an email. I sure am glad I did!

Rob

Last edited by Rob Simmons on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:43 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Gerald just hosted a race down at Reynolds, GA for small block Mopars this weekend. The race was added as part of Silver Dollar Raceway's usual Saturday bracket race.

Gerald's '68 Valiant Street Car with 2.94 gears ran 12.30s @ 111 MPH all day without a hitch. :shock: (Yes, 2.94, not 3.94) and the car is full interior, drive anywhwere at an average MPG of 12.97.

He has a .040 360 with an Eagle 4" crank to the tune of 410 cubic inches and 9.8:1 compression with a .525 hydraulic cam and mildly ported Edlebrock aluminum heads. Transmission is a 904 with a 2.75 low gear. He was running 7 3/4 X 25 slicks. The suspension is stock with sub frame connectors and super stock springs and long shocks.

I know this is not a Slant 6 car, but it shows that Gerald builds some serious stuff. He does absolutely everything himself and can do the same for you. He really understands how to put together a package that will work. He was a tremendous help to us in building the Duster and really went out of his way to help us newbies put together something that would work. He's great at helping you understand how the whole package has to work together and is good about keeping you in reality with your expectations.

Two of the GodsRods kids took my (now AJ's) '72 Dart down and had a blast. They even won a round or two running 14.70s-14.80s. They had a couple problems at the track with the rear brakes and Gerald came over and gave them a hand.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:27 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

I asked Gerald to give me an idea of what he likes to do most and here is what he said,

My main concentration is on engine, trans, cylinder head porting and rear gear set up for all Mopar combinations. The chassis stuff requires that the car be here and I have very limited space since I have so many cars myself. This year I have done 4 493 wedges and one street hemi, and 5 small blocks. No S6's this year so far.

He also mentioned some new toys he acquired. A couple R3 race blocks with W7 Nascar heads and W2 heads. That means that the 410 engine in the 68 Valiant and the 394 W5 that was in his Arrow will be for sale.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:21 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
i'm kinda confused could i just drop him an email or call him and have me recomdend me a cam, valves, milling, bored and such for 15 slant :? that would be cool :lol: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:37 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

My post was referring to how helpful Gerald was as we were building our Slant 6 race car. He doesn't necessarily offer a free service for recommending parts for people building engines/cars. He was doing the head work for us and also helped us degree our cam, etc. As we were building things he made recommendations that were very helpful.

For ideas on building your Slant 6 package I would recommend searching through the hundreds of posts here on the subject. You will very likely find the information you are looking for just by doing that. Then if you have further questions either respond to the thread or post a new topic. There are several guys here that will surely chime in with recommendations. Good luck with your build up.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:58 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Just an update that Gerald has changed his email address to geraldrwright@comcast.net

He just changed internet providers. He still provides the same services I mentioned above.

He has been building a lot of small block stroker motors lately. He has gotten his street Valiant into the high 11's now and has retained the same driveability and reliability. He drove it 3 hours from Ball Ground, GA to Reynolds, GA and back. He had to go down to Reynolds so he could get an official 1/4 mile time slip. His usual track, Paradise, near Dalton, GA is only 1/8th mile.

I still highly recommend Gerald if you are wanting to build a performance package. He knows what works!

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:52 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Gerald and I have started talking about building a serious Slant 6 race motor for "Turismo 225".
http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13947

This will be his first all out race Slant 6 engine and we're going to shoot for taking the A/Gas and/or B/Gas records away from Seymour Pederson! :shock:

I'm gonna use information from posts here and articles from SSRN to get him up to speed on the "nuances" of the Slant 6 engine. He is an accomplished engine builder, so this is right up his alley.

Look for Gerald to become one of the premier Slant 6 engine builders soon!

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Rob Simmons wrote:

Look for Gerald to become one of the premier Slant 6 engine builders soon!

I met him, last year at Valdosta. Freindly guy. and his small block was flying.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:11 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

He mentioned in passing the other day that maybe he should consider building a Slant 6 for himself... :wink:

I've got a big one on the hook Charrlie, help me reel him in! :shock: :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:07 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Gerald mentioned the other day that he was going to let a friend of his race his '71 Valiant drag car "StiffKitty" in the upcoming "Pinks All Out" event that is coming to Georgia this month. It's not a Slant 6 car (yet :wink: ) It has one of Gerald's many stroker small block engines in it. In 1/8th mile testing the other day at Paradise near Dalton he was running 6.75s. I wish I had cable...

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser