Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:13 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I've been busy.... Regardless, I'm still driving the Demon everyday! MPG is hard to tell now that I only live 9 miles to work and most of that is city driving... I estimate 20-22 mpg. Sometimes I sure wish I had an air conditioner. Hadn't popped the hood in a month or so but did the other day and my air filter hose had disconnected. So, we're talking 200-300 miles of unfiltered air going into the engine. :( Morale of that story = Put a screw or bolt in it!! Anyway, I've been seeing some younger kids driving Mopars lately, like 4 dr darts and valiants... Cheap first cars probably and the few I heard were definitely slant cars.. Way to represent & Rock that slant, kiddo! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
This is a very cool car! I love both Darts and Dusters, and you my friend, have both in one car! LoL well done! I can't say I'm a big fan of those Bullit wheels on your car...they need to have a much bigger dish on the rear, that's for sure. I'd look into that. Everything else is awesome, especially your slanty and the mileage you're getting! I hope when I'm done with my slanty engine/trans, I will be getting 20 or better...right now on the road Im getting 14-16 but it's not running right. I'll figure it out.

Keep up the great work!

1977 Dodge D100 stepside, slant six/3 on the tree
2002 Chrysler 300M Special (daily driver)

Post subject: Sad day... :(
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:00 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:

Lost the car to an engine fire! :( The pics say it all, sad to say. I was on my way to work, idling in slow traffic and caught a quick whiff of raw gasoline. The engine stumbled & died almost instantaneously, and 5 seconds later and it was ablaze! Singed a few hairs on my hand and head trying to open the hood - bad idea but I was a little frantic there initially.... Regardless, a CO2 extinguisher was no help so it burned a good 15 minutes before the Fire truck finally arrived. Initially, I was hoping it would stay contained to the engine bay but it spread to the dash, burned the floorboard and then got into the front seats. I believe a rubber fuel line probably broke and sprayed gas on the exhaust manifold. Moral of the story: Check your fuel lines more often than you already do!

I'm already looking for a replacement!
On a good note, I won a 51" TV at the Holiday Party later that night. :) And, my son took it pretty well; was more worried if I was alright than the condition/future of the car....

, 71 Valiant S6, 72 Dart 4dr 318, 71 Demon S6, 70 Roadrunner 440, & 55 Dodge pickup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:52 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Glad you are okay! Sorry about the car, but better it than you. Your next one will be even better....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:47 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Damn dude, that sucks SOOOOO bad!!! I would freak if that happened to my '' truck! Glad you're ok though...

1977 Dodge D100 stepside, slant six/3 on the tree

2002 Chrysler 300M Special (daily driver)

Post subject: whoa...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Reality check for me. I suddenly realize that I am stupid lucky that I was rear ended like I was, and its fixable.

Because a month before the wreck, my dart was running like crap and after a week I realized I had a small hissing sound and a raw fuel scent coming from the engine compartment. Fuel line squirting directly on the #1 exhaust runner... :shock: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:40 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Terrible news. Very sorry to hear about your lost Demon. I know I could be more careful about fuel...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I saw this on my way in to the base that day. I recognized your car immediately and it made me sad. Glad to know you're all right. So sorry about your car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:32 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Oh man that is too bad, I hope you get another project underway. I had one of those see through gas line filters on my Duster until someone mentioned that there was a tread on Moparts about them breaking and burning down cars. I changed to a tin one to be sure.
Good luck with the future.

Regards Derek

70 Duster 238'', four speed ,3:91's, 500 Elde, Hookers
68 Dart 4 dr 225, completely original

Post subject: Bought a "new" car.. lol
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:12 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Thanks for RIP Demon messages! I wound up finding a car yesterday in Roanoke, Va. One family car - originally Grandpa's, Mom's, & then Grandson's. It would've gone to the great-grandson, but he wanted a truck instead. Of course it has a Slant Six. :) I was a little worried when I heard it had been off the road for a couple of years and hadn't been cranked in a year.. Not to mention I would have to drive it for 3 hours and mostly on the interstate. But, she fired right up and it drove like a champ. Cruised on home, 75 mph at times with the traffic, and averaged 18 mpg.. Gave $1000 for it..

1971 Plymouth Valiant 4 dr. 225 Slant Six

, 71 Valiant S6, 72 Dart 4dr 318, 71 Demon S6, 70 Roadrunner 440, & 55 Dodge pickup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
way to go,, make it a good one :D

Post subject: Still rocking a slant..
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:40 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Long time no post... I was deployed for most of 2014 but I'm finally shoreside for awhile. Been driving the Valiant as a daily driver and it's ran great. I'm digging the 1920 carb and getting 16-18 mpg.. Wound up driving the Valiant from Virginia to Maine this past weekend. 600 miles and averaged 19 mpg. Didn't know what to expect from the single digit weather up here but the car cranks right up and runs like a champ. Rock on! See y'all on the road in Yank central. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:19 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Welcome back, Ronnie. Sounds like a sweetheart of a Val.

Enjoy and Slant on,

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Maine tip of the day:

Don't forget to wash the road salt off of her undercarriage. A bodies dissolve quickly in salt water.

Where did you visit in the Pine Tree State?

Post subject: My Maine experience..WJ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:07 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I'm up here for a year.. Got up here just in time for the Blizzard and I'm already begging to go back to Virginia.. This snow stuff is crazy. Car drives great in it though.. cranks fine in single digit weather.. can't complain amd I've been driving it everyday.. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely get to washing her off underneath.. Ronnie

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next