Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:58 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Posts: 8
Car Model: 77 Dodge B200 van
Hey everyone, my name is Heath and i have a 77 Dodge B200 short wheel base van with a slant 6 auto. Here are some current pics of the van.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189196786@N08/?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline
Poser
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:18 pm
Posts: 3067
Location: Indy
Car Model:
Welcome! Tell us about your project.

_________________
66 Lil' Red Piggie Valiant (Mater Crusher) - Thanks Zilla!!!!! 72 Demon (Number 1 Son's)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 7588
Location: Vine Grove, KY
Car Model: More than I should have...
Very cool! Welcome to the Slanted Family!

_________________
Rob

Drag Racing
Commentator/
Points Keeper

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Posts: 8
Car Model: 77 Dodge B200 van
wvenable wrote:
Welcome! Tell us about your project.


It'll be getting the full 70's shaggin wagon treatment. I've scored some original shag from a guys basement for the interior. The camper windows are coming out and getting sealed up. I have some oval bubble windows that may go in it, but i'm not 100% sure on that yet. Lot's of other interior plans, as well. Of course paint will happen at some point. I'll be going back with the original color, because i really like it, and i won't have to paint door jambs. Lol! I've got all new door seals, and just got my sound deadener material today.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:01 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Welcome,

At least your van is the correct color scheme.
Image20181005_182010 by Hyperpack, on Flickr

My van is not a slant 6 :-(


Have fun with your project.

Greg

_________________
Greg Ondayko
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Posts: 8
Car Model: 77 Dodge B200 van
Greg Ondayko wrote:
Welcome,

At least your van is the correct color scheme.

My van is not a slant 6 :-(


Have fun with your project.

Greg


Thanks! That van of yours is super nice! This is my 7th van. All but one have been Dodges. 2 of those, Including the current one, have been slant 6 vans. The others have been 318's and a 360.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:20 pm
Posts: 12789
Location: Fircrest, WA
Car Model: 76 D100
Nice van! People will pay BIG bucks for those octagon steering wheels. If you like custom vans, check out www.vanning.com


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:30 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:08 am
Posts: 14613
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Car Model:
Welcome to the Slanted Universe... Enjoy the buildup.

Lou

_________________
"You mean you still have a Slant 6 in that thing?"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:23 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Posts: 8
Car Model: 77 Dodge B200 van
Reed wrote:
Nice van! People will pay BIG bucks for those octagon steering wheels. If you like custom vans, check out http://www.vanning.com


I've been a member on vanning.com for years. Lot's of great info and people on there! My steering wheel isn't an original one from the 70's. It's one that is manufactured by Big Ron's Wheels. He makes some killer stuff! My wheel is the first one that he ever made.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:32 am 
Offline
Turbo EFI
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:00 pm
Posts: 1851
Location: kankakee IL
Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
I want those wheels for my 78 Fury 2 door and can't find any, any more


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:34 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Posts: 8
Car Model: 77 Dodge B200 van
volaredon wrote:
I want those wheels for my 78 Fury 2 door and can't find any, any more


They're just Cragar S/S wheels. They still make them. Has your Fury got a weird bolt pattern or something?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 pm 
Offline
Turbo EFI
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:00 pm
Posts: 1851
Location: kankakee IL
Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Nope just plain old 5 on 4-1/2 like your van should be.
I know of a guy with a 79 Cordoba that just bought a set brand new last year from (I think) Discount tire. Paid like 2 grand for a set of cragar s/s and 4 new Goodrich T/A's
I ain't got that kind of money to be spending on wheels and tires for a car that I drive 6 months a year at most.
I'm at a point where I have to put something on there as the existing tires are from 2003.
Maybe now that garage sales are allowed again (damn covid restrictions prevented them) I'm hoping to find something better than the stock rims and hubcaps that are on it now
I plan to get new tires this month for sure just hoping to not have to put them on what I have now
BTW you're probably too far away anyway, kinda just messing with you about the wheels.

Strangely in asking around people who I know local who are car guys what they may have sitting in the garage collecting dust regarding wheels for this car I wound up with a set of wheels that I think will look good on my 85 D150 unfortunately they won't work out for the fury being 5 on 5-1/2 but they will fit the truck, are in real nice shape and were too cheap to pass up.
Nice van BTW, I remember when there were a gazillion of those roaming around.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:29 am 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Posts: 8
Car Model: 77 Dodge B200 van
volaredon wrote:
Nope just plain old 5 on 4-1/2 like your van should be.
I know of a guy with a 79 Cordoba that just bought a set brand new last year from (I think) Discount tire. Paid like 2 grand for a set of cragar s/s and 4 new Goodrich T/A's
I ain't got that kind of money to be spending on wheels and tires for a car that I drive 6 months a year at most.
I'm at a point where I have to put something on there as the existing tires are from 2003.
Maybe now that garage sales are allowed again (damn covid restrictions prevented them) I'm hoping to find something better than the stock rims and hubcaps that are on it now
I plan to get new tires this month for sure just hoping to not have to put them on what I have now
BTW you're probably too far away anyway, kinda just messing with you about the wheels.

Strangely in asking around people who I know local who are car guys what they may have sitting in the garage collecting dust regarding wheels for this car I wound up with a set of wheels that I think will look good on my 85 D150 unfortunately they won't work out for the fury being 5 on 5-1/2 but they will fit the truck, are in real nice shape and were too cheap to pass up.
Nice van BTW, I remember when there were a gazillion of those roaming around.


Yeah, i hear ya. They shouldn't be too hard to find, used. Keep an eye on craigslist, offer up, and facebook marketplace. Good luck! They are my favorite wheels, ever.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: New guy here!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:47 pm 
Offline
Turbo EFI
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:36 am
Posts: 1117
Location: Rome, GA
Car Model: 1963 Dart 270, 1980 D150
Welcome New Guy!

_________________
“Buy the ticket, take the ride.”
― Hunter S. Thompson


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited