Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:36 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I was searching for a manual steering coupler. I don't like the look of the u-joint based units. I don't want a rebuild kit, I need the full pot with all of its pieces and it is listed on amazon. While I was there it gave me a suggestion of another product. It is a 16.1 manual box for $285 with NO core charge. I honestly don't trust it since quality is a big question mark and there is no telling how long it was last once installed. Just figured I would make it visible in case someone is braver than I am.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJP1796D/re ... F9kZXRhaWw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:52 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
interesting thanks for sharing.

I bought one off of Rockauto a few years back, it was a Lares unit new, not remanufactured. It performed the same in my few years of Driving as the firm feel unit did.

They get loose in the center requiring readjustment, however, with the Clifford shorty headers, the adjustment is virtually impossible without taking the front header off.

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:13 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Greg Ondayko wrote:
interesting thanks for sharing.

I bought one off of Rockauto a few years back, it was a Lares unit new, not remanufactured. It performed the same in my few years of Driving as the firm feel unit did.

They get loose in the center requiring readjustment, however, with the Clifford shorty headers, the adjustment is virtually impossible without taking the front header off.

Greg

I didn't even know that lares was a brand. They have a huge selection of boxes. Kinda makes me wonder if the amazon listings are from the same factory and are being sold through the backdoor. I know that problem has affected a lot of companies that have sourced their production lines from certain countries.

I had always just thought that firm feel was the only source for 16:1 boxes and had assumed that I was going to be buying one in the future.