Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:11 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model: 1970 Plymouth GTX
Moderators,
How do I add my email address to my profile? On the profile page it asks for a URL....don't know whst that means. BTW....I do not subscribe to any of the social media platforms shown nor fo i want to subscribe to any of the social media platforms shown. Where do I add my email address?

How do i add a pix or two of my car? Other web sites have provisions to sdd an "avatar" or an album of photos. The only thing the site shows is flags.

I know you must protect against spammers, trolls and hackers etc.....but can I add my email address to my profile? If so how....
Thanks in advance for your help. BTW...my email address is: 1rjrenton1@gmail.com
Regards,
Bob Renton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Members can click on the email button at the bottom of one of your posts to access your email.

CJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:15 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Ceej wrote:
Members can click on the email button at the bottom of one of your posts to access your email.

CJ

CJ,
Thanks for the info....but if my e-mail address is NOT in my profile, HOW will the person trying to reach me contact me ? Why not just put my e-mail address in my profile? IF I'm not aware or was told the specifics of how to accomplish this task, how would I know how to proceed? I was told about adding a link....by Slant Six Dan's very complicated and confusing instruction set, by using a URL....what ever that is....I'm a registered Professional Electrical Engineer snd write and exexute PLC programming instructions, none of which are as complicated as your process of adding a link...or was it designed that way to eliminate hackers? Perhaps the moderators can eliminate all of the nuisance and childish "imogees" along with the font color pallets to allow for adding pictures of cars instead of the "flag" avatars by a simpler method used by all of the othet car forums?
Bob Renton and my e-mail address is: 1rjrenton1@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
RJRENTON wrote:
... used by all of the othet car forums?

We like NOT being like all the other car forums... :wink:

I like emojis too... :D

In response to your question though... It appears the email link button is not currently active. Looking into that part.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:49 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Rob Simmons wrote:
RJRENTON wrote:
... used by all of the othet car forums?

We like NOT being like all the other car forums... :wink:

I like emojis too... :D

In response to your question though... It appears the email link button is not currently active. Looking into that part.

Rob,
Thanks for the e-mail and info.
You are 100% correct about being different from the others....but...why make it so difficult to answer questions and to post pictures of my car? Personality, l think "imogees", or however the word is spelled, serve no purpose other than to take up server space. Have we, the computer using public, lost our ability to communicate VERBALLY with our friends, neighbors without some nondescript cartoon face characters that are supposed to represent some feeling (?) or emotion ..... we are digressing back to the Neanderthal era of grunts b4 we developed a language to expressing ourselves. Just my opinion of course.
Bob Renton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
I checked your profile. There is an email address associated with your account, and you have selected to allow members and etc.. to be able to send you email.

Unless the person is a signed in member, they will not be able to access your information. No, we aren't going to change that. Most people don't want their email addresses strewn about wildly.

You have the option of adding your email to your signature. Keep in mind, the technical portion of this board is open to every web crawler out there.

As far as photos, you can enter the full post editor, beneath the pane where you enter the text of a message, there is an upload attachment area. Put your photos in there. Make sure they follow the site guide-lines as far as size is concerned. Keep them manageable.

position the cursor where you want the photo to go and click place inline.

Attachment:
Lynx manifold.jpg
Lynx manifold.jpg [ 884.38 KiB | Viewed 8862 times ]

Like so.

CJ