Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:50 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Theoretically, it could be adjusted to have an effect on how much idle speed was added. However, this is not something you really need to be worrying about (or messing with). Just get your base idle speed, idle mixture, and timing set and be happy with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:22 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Reed wrote:
Theoretically, it could be adjusted to have an effect on how much idle speed was added. However, this is not something you really need to be worrying about (or messing with). Just get your base idle speed, idle mixture, and timing set and be happy with it.

Ok, thanks, you say theoretically though, is there any other purpose for this adjustment screw?

I ask cause one guy poster said I had it incorrect and you say theoretically it may be used for what I had guessed it was used for.

Ive already messed with it so eventually I will have to go back and mess with it again and Id like too be perfectly clear of what I am messin with.

I never did see the small low idle adjusting screw back there initially. They have it hidden pretty well. Im sure fiddling with that isnt going to solve the issues I am having so I plan to tear it down and re-build it.

I am looking forward to doing this.....I have that super six set-up hopefully being mailed today ( seller was sick on Mon. ) and I know that carb is going to need gone thru as well.

Between all these carbs I have collected I think I can start doing some stand-up jobs on getting some of them re-built.

Last edited by 1930 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:26 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
I have also been wondering, when the throttle shafts show signs of wear I have read that they have to be re-bushed? Is that correct? Is that something that the average guy can do, dosent sound like it, sounds like it would require some precision machine work and the correct part.

Maybe there is a kit avail.

Just curious, do not have any plan of getting into this but would be nice to know I could if I had too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Also someone posted for me a PDF ( maybe ) file of specific info for my particular carb. They posted it on the Ramcharger forum. I had a heck of a time viewing it but finally got it printed.

If anyone would like a copy just ask, I can scan and send it thru-e-mail. Dont know how to post a link to the specific article here.