Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:14 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1981 Dodge B150
I just picked up a clean Super Six setup off of craigslist that I'm planning to swap onto my 225, which is currently running very rusty stock manifolds with both vacuum and exhaust leaks. I picked up a BBD core and rebuild kit, one of the Remflex graphite gaskets, ordered a new set of studs and also bit the bullet on a pretty expensive OEM manifold hardware kit. I'm somewhat new to working on cars and this will be my first time pulling a manifold, and given I'm out around $350 in parts already I want to make sure to do everything right, while also ensuring some longevity for the things I'm swapping in.

I work at a powdercoating facility and have access to some high-temp exhaust powder, and plan on coating the intake and exhaust manifolds before install. My main question related to prep right now is what other parts I'm able to coat without risking cracking the manifolds or screwing up the seal. My best guess, looking at diagrams, is that the triangular washers might be okay, but I'm worried about the rest of the hardware, especially the castellated nuts on the ends. If anyone has insight to share on this topic I'd be really grateful. Thank you!