Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:25 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: 1966 Dodge Dart GT
1966 Dart GT with a 225, stock Holley 1920

I feel almost too embarrassed to ask this but I will because I'm sure I did something wrong while rebuilding my 1920. I was troubleshooting a cold stalling issue when jamming down the gas pedal. I wanted to check I was getting a good squirt of gas when opening up the throttle. What I seem to have notice was the spray of gas happens not when the "flooring" the lever but on the release. I'm doing this at the engine and operating the linkage by hand. Is this even possible to revers something so it doesn't spray the proper way? I have the accelerator pump shaft that has the flat bar, not the round one.

In addition my rebuild kit included a thick and a thin car to manifold gasket, do I use one or the other or both? If I use the thick gasket the carb bolts just barely engage the threads of the manifold.

Oh and the car does run and not as bad as one would suspect even with the hesitation issue with the pedal floored. It even gets a bit better when fully warmed up just not when cold.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:28 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: 1966 Dodge Dart GT
Nevermind I am in complete idiot I was testing the accelerator pump with the carb off of the engine and I don't know what I was looking at but it is operating correctly with the carb on the car. Sorry to waste anyone's time. I am kind of still interested in the thick vs. Thin gasket if anyone has an opinion on that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:56 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
does the thin gasket have a approx 1/4 inch hole for the pcv port? If not, use the thick gasket and slightly longer bolts if neccessary

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:25 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.