Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:29 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model: 1965 Dodge A100 Pickup w/Super Six
I want to replace the 12 foot long hose attachment that connects my oil pressure gauge to the block at the oil galley. The line is old, has some cracks, and just seems unreliable. What is the best way to do this? My truck is a Dodge A100 with the engine in the cab, so the line goes up towards the front bumper and around the foot area to the back of the dash. Any ideas?? Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:10 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Hose??? is this a factory gauge or aftermarket? (I think all factory ones were electric versions, but not 100% on that)
12 feet? I would think you could route that different, and shorten it up somewhat..... like up above the engine, up against the floor pan and up....
if aftermarket gauge, I would run copper tube, not that nylon crap.... and a that, slip a pc of vacuum line or somethin over it, where it is at risk of rub thru..... or a grommet at the firewall. You probably have a compression nut and ferrule at each end. common hardware store stuff there. as could be the copper tube usually used. The "Sunpro", etc "gauge install packages you see usually come with a 6' length, all rolled up. going to hardware store (that copper tube is the same stuff, really) You could "compression fitting splice" 2 sections together if desired but Id rather have 1 solid continuous length, no splices.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:15 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
I am sure with some of the proper plumbing adapters you could just go to any parts store and buy the oil gauge connector kit.. maybe for the length of the a100 you may need 2 sets. They can be had with plastic or copper.

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:13 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model: 1965 Dodge A100 Pickup w/Super Six
Quote:
I am sure with some of the proper plumbing adapters you could just go to any parts store and buy the oil gauge connector kit.

The engine side adapter is easy to set up, I am having trouble with the gauge end adapter. This should be the same as anybody with a slant and a mechanical gauge-except for the distance between point A and B. That said, does anyone know how to get the adapter that attaches to the gauge??

12 feet? I would think you could route that different, and shorten it up somewhat..... like up above the engine, up against the floor pan and up....

The line has to be go under the complete floor, around the radiator, and then up through the floor behind the dashboard. It is short of the front bumper by about six inches. The measured distance is close to ten feet, add a bit for comfort, 10.5feet. The part I have came out of a van, but I haven't been able to score another one. I appreciate your thoughts and efforts!
Gary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:02 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
Go to a place that sells plumbing supplies where you can get that copper tube from a roll "by the foot" and buy it there. I think it's 1/8" copper tube. Won't cost you much.at all. They should have the fitting and ferrule there too. Can you take the gauge with for a sample of what you need the fitting to screw onto?
I have used the same exact stuff on a water well pump setup as an equalizer tube for the pressure cutoff switch. Different application same exact materials.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:34 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
You might want to post a picture of the back side of that gauge. I would guess its the same fitting on most 62ish to 71 trucks and vans... d or a series.

Greg