Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:26 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1981 dodge d-150
I need information/help! i recently purchased a solid/rust free 1981 dodge d-150 slant 6 manual trans truck. I am looking for help from the members of this forum to upgrade my engine. I want to delete all the emission parts, truck has a 1 barrel holley carburetor, can i keep it or do i need to upgrade, trying not to spend much$$$, do i need to replace the distributor? if yes what type/kind? catyletic already gone sorry for all the question's , just looking for simple, cheap transportation. Anything i have missed? thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:35 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Welcome to the site. I assume that the place you live does not require emissions testing for your 1981 vehicle? Just checking before you make more changes. It can be very hard to go back.

Can you take a pic of the carb and distributor and firewall so we can see what you have? There are ways to simplify things, yes. The carb and distributor you have may be just fine, though.

Also, what do you want this truck to accomplish? Please comment on how important are: MPG, power, reliability, $$ to invest, towing, hauling, cruising speed, etc. How does it run now and/or can you talk about what problems it is having?

Thanks and all the best,

Lou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:15 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
I had answered some of this in my reply to his other thread about finding a carb kit and the pm I sent in response to the one he sent me... Might not be gone thru. I know he has lean burn at least/ and told him he'd be needing a different distributor and carb along with either a Mopar ignition box or an hei module plus a little bit of additional wire to get around that.