Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: DD- redlight discussion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:29 pm 
The other thread was getting confusing so let me state this again.

If two cars redlight in bracket race the slower car will always lose. It does matter if the faster leaves the tree first as long as he does not leave before the tree is activated. So that said: If car A dials a 8.70 and car B dials an 8.69 and car A cuts .499 red and car B cuts a .489 red, car A will always lose and car B will always win because the program that controls the tree goes by which side of the tree is activated first. ie the slower car.

If two cars dial the same 8.70 and car A cuts a .499 red and car B cuts a .489 red then car A wins and car B loses. This is like TF,FC,PS etc where they both get green at the same time and the worst redlight loses.

So my point is why not program the tree to show green lights until both cars leave the line and then the worst redlight would be shown and the other lane would be the winner. This would follow the ruling that say First OR Worst. This explains why the car crossing the centerline is out when the other car redlighted first because crossing the centerline is the worst of the two infractions.

whew!

Tom

ke4dgi@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:57 am 
(User Above) wrote:
:O.K. guys, here it is. The starting system has two settings. "single runs" and "competition". On single run setting, both lanes can red light. This is used during time trials. During competition, only the first car to break the beam early will red light. Car "A" dial 16.10, car "B" dial 16.00. Car "A" leaves .499, car "B" leaves .398. car "B" (faster car) will red light. Only one car can redlight.Car "B" broke the beam before car"A" by .001. If car "B" left .400, Car "A" would red light. If car "B" left .399 it could go either way. Clear as mud?

Charlie

flturbo6@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:46 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: Charlie

Not true Charlie. I have seen many double reds, but the car with the slower dial-in always loses. Trust me, I run against many fast cars and have picked up time cards where I went .480 or closer and my opponent went .479 or worse, and I still lose. A .500 handicap tree will show double red. A .400 or .500 Pro tree will only show one red. Once again, it may depend on the software the system is using. I know that I have seen double reds on Compulink and TSI trees.

slantzilla@excite.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:45 pm 
Maybe they have changed things, since I used to run. At that time I never saw a double red light.
I have seen both cars leave early, but not a double red. P.S. when we had 4 or more brackets, i used to dial the quickest number in that bracket, just so the other car would have the first chance for red.
Charlie

flturbo6@aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:13 am 
I made a typo in the original post, The fast car would have to have a .488 light to leave .001. Sorry about that...

Tom

ke4dgi@aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:24 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: Maybe they have changed things, since I used to
: run. At that time I never saw a double red
: light.
: I have seen both cars leave early, but not a
: double red. P.S. when we had 4 or more
: brackets, i used to dial the quickest number
: in that bracket, just so the other car would
: have the first chance for red.
: Charlie

Charlie, unfortunately I go red a lot, and I get to see double reds. It always makes it sting just that much more when the other guys is worse than mine too.

slantzilla@excite.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:30 pm 
Tom, there has been an ongoing discussion about this same topic on <A HREF="http://www.dragraceresults.com">www.dragraceresults.com</A> for a couple years. It is known as the "Steve Taylor Pink Light Rule". If you want to have some fun, go over there and post "What's up with the Pink Light Rule?", and just for good measure, ask "Anyone Here Ever Heard of DR2000?". You didn't hear that from me, though! LOL!!!!Dennis

slantzilla@excite.com