Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:09 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Was anything changed in the rules for the Slant 6 Racing Series for the year 2020 and beyond?

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
No rule changes. I will post an update to this tonight after work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:50 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Team Green wrote:
Was anything changed in the rules for the Slant 6 Racing Series for the year 2020 and beyond?

Mark

No Green cars! :twisted: :P

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:04 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Hi Mark,

The rules discussion was pretty short and we decided (and voted) to leave everything as it was in 2019. We want to be as inclusive as possible and not make the rules too complicated.

Of course, you and your excellent team and car were discussed fondly during the weekend. Hope you'll make it to Clay City or another race or two out this way.

Lou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:22 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
I'm sick of that green anyway, 29 years on the Valiant and 25 years on the Lancer. I'm thinking medium size boat flake silver. I have to go thru the Lancer for an upgrade, what's a little paint work added to the list.
A silver toad would hop in the sunlight with those beautiful body lines. Sure something to think about.

Would that color make you rule makers happy?

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Well, as has been said the there were no rule changes for 2020. Lou asked me to take some notes of the rules section of the meeting so here it is.

Racers that were in attendance: Greg Ondayko, Lou Madsen, Rick Covalt, Rob Simmons, Lucas Bruner, Isaiah Bruner, Meril Bruner, Brian Mimken, Ryan Covalt, Andrew Shank, David Shank, Rodney Hargis, Charlie Schmid, Seymour Pederson, Ron Parker, Mark Charapich, Jack Everhardt Jr, JackEverhardt III, Jim Cox. If I missed anyone just yell. But as you can see it was a nice group of racers. I think Meril, Seymour and Jim Cox stayed in the back and reminisced about the past during the meeting and Gary Bruner was there, but left before the meeting started.

Discussion #1 There was a discussion of the giving of 20 points for breaking a record and whether or not that was too much. It was noted that we have been giving 20 points for breaking a record for 5 or 6 years. (Edit- Voted on in 2014) And with each record that is set, it will become harder and harder to break them.
*** General concensus of the group was to leave the rule as is and continue the 20 pts. for a record. No official vote was taken.

Discussion #2 There was a discussion of whether or not to allow Delay boxes in our series in the future. Arguments for and against were made. All of us are in agreement that we do not want anyone to get upset and not race with us if we did not allow boxes. We are such a small group and we need all the people we can get.
*** Lou made a motion, and it was seconded by Jack Jr. that we leave the existing rules as is.
Vote was unanimous.

Discussion #3 Lou brought up the fact that we had talked about having an official name for our racing series. No decision was made and it was decided that we could discuss it on the web site in the future.

If I missed anything or anyone let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:35 pm 
Triple Duece Weber

Car Model: 1972 Dodge Colt
I would vote foe a white car with a little red trim. Maybe even a matching tow wagon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:54 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Rick, thanks for the update. Interesting topics.

Stan, if I could make my Lancer look as nice as your wagon, I’d consider white.

Mark